Mr David McLean > McGuireWoods LLP > Dallas, United States > Lawyer Profile
McGuireWoods LLP Offices
2000 MCKINNEY AVENUE
DALLAS, TX 75201
- Go to...
Mr David McLean
Mergers & Acquisitions, Energy & Private Equity Department
David McLean advises private investment funds and sponsors in their equity and debt investing activities. His deep experience up and down the capital stack allows him to bring a broad range of expertise to his clients, together with the deep market insight, knowledge and relationships that accompany that experience.
David regularly counsels clients on all types of investing activities, from venture capital, minority equity, growth equity and control buyouts, to venture lending, mezzanine finance and senior lending. He has over 19 years of practice, with a particular focus on junior capital and the investment funds that focus in this sector.
David and his team bring a partner approach to their clients, with an emphasis on providing value-added services that go beyond the mere execution of transactions.
United States > M&A/corporate and commercial > Private equity buyouts
McGuireWoods LLP operates in the middle market, most notably in the healthcare, food and beverage, and energy sectors. While having a rich portfolio of classic private equity firm clients, it has a fast-growing practice driven by independent sponsors. It ‘has the breadth of resources to serve all needs of a private equity firm‘. Chicago, Charlotte and Dallas house the core of the US private equity practice, along with Pittsburgh, New York and Los Angeles. Anchor clients include Sheridan Capital Partners, Revelstoke Capital Partners and Source Capital. It also advised Charlotte-based Falfurrias Capital Partners on a series of recent transactions, including investments in Best Impressions Caterers, E-Technologies Group, Tax Guard, Plasma Solutions, SixAxis and its divestment from Advanced Control Solutions. Chicago-based Geoffrey Cockrell heads the private equity team alongside David McLean in Dallas. Charlotte partner Christopher Nesbit and Pittsburgh’s Thomas Zahn are also key partners. Dallas-based Jon Finger ‘is not only a great lawyer, but a superb business person‘.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Industry focus > Energy litigation: conventional power
- Industry focus > Energy regulation: conventional power
- Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - litigation
- Industry focus > Transport: shipping - regulation
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class actions: automotive/transport - defense
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Industry focus > Energy: renewable/alternative power
- Media, technology and telecoms > Fintech
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class actions: consumer products (including tobacco) - defense
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class actions: toxic tort - defense
- Media, technology and telecoms > Technology transactions
- Antitrust > Civil litigation/class actions: defense
- Industry focus > Energy litigation: oil and gas
- Industry focus > Energy: transactions: conventional power
- Industry focus > Energy: transactions: oil and gas
- Industry focus > Environment: litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Outsourcing
- Industry focus > Sport
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Private equity buyouts
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation - defense
- Investment fund formation and management > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Finance > Project finance