Mr Adam Hoffinger > Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP > Washington DC, United States > Lawyer Profile
Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP Offices
901 Fifteenth Street,
NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20005
- Go to...
Mr Adam Hoffinger
Litigation, Complex Commercial Litigation, Regulatory & Compliance, Securities Enforcement, Securities Litigation, White Collar Defense & Government Investigations, Antitrust
Adam S. Hoffinger is co-chair of the firm’s White Collar Defense & Government Investigations Group. Adam focuses his practice on complex civil and white collar criminal matters, including securities, health care, False Claims Act (“qui tam”), the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), export sanctions, criminal tax, money laundering, antitrust and bankruptcy. He conducts internal investigations on behalf of corporate boards of directors, bankruptcy trustees and public authorities. He counsels corporations and individuals in compliance matters, government investigations, and Congressional and regulatory matters. He also represents corporations and individuals in high-stakes civil litigation. Adam has defended numerous high-ranking executives and general counsel from some of the world’s largest companies, as well as high-profile staff and members of the Senate, Congress, White House and various government agencies, faced with federal and state criminal investigations and indictments. Adam is a fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers and has successfully tried cases throughout the country.
Adam has been recognized in Chambers USA as “an absolutely fearless criminal defense lawyer” as well as for his “immense talent as a trial lawyer” and “strong advocacy skills,” in The Legal 500 US as “an aggressive trial advocate,” and in Benchmark Litigation: The Definitive Guide to America’s Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys as a “celebrated government investigations practitioner.” He has also been recognized in The Best Lawyers in America, Expert Guide to the World’s Leading White Collar Crime Lawyers, Who’s Who Legal: Business Crime Defence, Global Investigations Review, Washingtonian Magazine and Washington DC Super Lawyers. Adam was named “Government Investigations Attorney of the Year” for 2015 and “Life Sciences Star” from 2013 to 2019 in LMG Life Sciences. In addition, he was recognized in the National Law Journal’s “Hot Defense List” for his jury trial victory on behalf of a former pharmaceutical executive in a criminal case charging conspiracy and violations of the federal Anti-Kickback statute. From 1985 to 1990, Adam served as an Assistant U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York. He received the Director’s Award for Superior Performance from the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) in 1990. He is an adjunct professor at The George Washington University Law School and has been an instructor at Georgetown University Law Center’s National Institute of Trial Advocacy (NITA) since 1992. He also serves on the alumni board of the Fordham University School of Law.
Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers; Adjunct Professor, George Washington University Law School; Board of Directors, Fordham University School of Law.
Fordham University School of Law, JD; Trinity College, BA.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Investment fund formation and management > Alternative/hedge funds
- Finance > Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): municipal
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market ($500m-999m)
- Finance > Structured finance: securitization
- Labor and employment > ERISA litigation
- Investment fund formation and management > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Finance > Financial services regulation
- Dispute resolution > M&A litigation: defense
- Investment fund formation and management > Mutual/registered/exchange-traded funds
- Real estate > Real estate finance
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Real estate > Real estate
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Shareholder activism