Ms Sandra Crawshaw-Sparks > Proskauer Rose LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Proskauer Rose LLP Offices
11 TIMES SQUARE
NEW YORK, NEW YORK 10036-8299
- Go to...
Ms Sandra Crawshaw-Sparks
Sandra A. Crawshaw-Sparks is a partner in Proskauer’s Litigation Department. Sandy handles a wide variety of litigation and transactional matters in the entertainment industry, with a special focus on music. She maintains a bi-coastal practice and has represented many clients in connection with matters involving recording, publishing, licensing and management contracts, copyrights, trademark rights, unfair competition claims, and the rights of privacy and publicity.
Sandy typically handles copyright infringement, trademark infringement, enforcement of personal services contracts, accounting and royalty disputes, and matters involving the rights of privacy and publicity.
As a regular and substantial part of her practice, Sandy counsels clients in connection with transactions, negotiates pre-litigation resolutions of accounting and royalty disputes, negotiates licensing arrangements, and handles applications for court approval of personal services contracts with minors.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading lawyers)
Proskauer Rose LLP represents high-profile clients in music and entertainment involved in complex infringement litigation. The team is currently acting for Miramax in its high-profile copyright and breach of contract claim against director Quentin Tarantino concerning his intention to issue Pulp Fiction NFTs. In New York and Los Angeles, Sandra Crawshaw-Sparks leads the team, and has great experience litigating on behalf of clients in the music recording industry. Senior counsel David Munkittrick in New York represents clients in publishing, medical device, sports, and tech, and has acted for major entertainment figures.
Between New York and Los Angeles, Proskauer Rose LLP is home to a broad entertainment practice with a strong focus on contentious litigation pertaining to the music industry, the firm represents organizations, recording companies, and individual artists. Practice head Sandra Crawshaw-Sparks divides her time between the two offices, as she represents clients in contractual disputes, matters pertaining to copyright and trademarks, unfair competition, and right to privacy. Brendan O’Rourke from New York is a seasoned litigator who led the team in representation of Young Hollywood in a lawsuit brought by White Ops, Inc. alleging several offenses under the Lanham Act. Further recommended in New York is senior counsel David Munkittrick, a specialist in copyright litigation and compliance whose clients include key music companies as well as high-profile individual artists.
With an active practice in New York, the team at Proskauer Rose LLP focuses its expertise on the corporate side of media and entertainment and content distribution transactions. Co-head Robert Freeman is an expert in structuring complex transactions and in a recent highlight negotiated multi-year distribution agreements between Cox Communications and ViacomCBS. His fellow co-head Lauren Boglivi is a specialist in media content matters and represented Hearst Magazines in its sale of the US edition of Marie Claire to British publisher Future. Their peer and co-head Sandra Crawshaw-Sparks is a litigator with particular expertise pertaining to music industry matters. Finally, co-head Jeffrey Neuburger expands the firm’s scope through his focus on the intersection of technology, media, and IP. Will Chuchawat in Los Angeles, who focuses on middle market transactions, joined from Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP in February 2021.
The telecoms & broadcast team of Proskauer Rose LLP position themselves at the forefront of digital distribution, handling matters pertaining to traditional internet platforms and emerging OTT services such as Hulu, AMC Networks, and fuboTV and recently advised on industry-shaping M&A for Discovery and ForgeLight. Headquartered in New York, the practice is led by Lauren Boglivi, Sandra Crawshaw-Sparks, Robert Freeman, and Jeffrey Neuburger. Will Chuchawat is an active dealmaker within the team, while Vishnu Shankar joined from Sidley Austin LLP in April 2021.
- Leading lawyers - United States > Intellectual property > Copyright
- Copyright - United States > Intellectual property
- Media and entertainment: litigation - United States > Media, technology and telecoms
- Media and entertainment: transactional - United States > Media, technology and telecoms
- Telecoms and broadcast: transactions - United States > Media, technology and telecoms
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: litigation
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Labor and employment > ERISA litigation
- Tax > Financial products
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Venture capital and emerging companies
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- Industry focus > Sport
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Investment fund formation and management > Alternative/hedge funds
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: transactional
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Industry focus > Insurance: advice to policyholders
- Tax > International tax
- Tax > Not-for-profit (nonprofit and tax exempt organizations)
- Investment fund formation and management > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Real estate > Real estate
- Real estate > Real estate investment trusts (REITs)
- Intellectual property > Trade secrets (litigation and non-contentious matters)
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Industry focus > Environment: transactional
- Labor and employment > Immigration
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Investment fund formation and management > Mutual/registered/exchange-traded funds
- Media, technology and telecoms > Outsourcing
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: litigation
- Antitrust > Civil litigation/class actions: defense
- Industry focus > Healthcare: life sciences
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Private equity buyouts
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Media, technology and telecoms > Technology transactions
- Media, technology and telecoms > Telecoms and broadcast: transactions
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: large deals ($1bn+)
- Dispute resolution > Leading trial lawyers
- Dispute resolution > Appellate: courts of appeals / Appellate: supreme courts (states and federal)
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- Finance > Capital markets: debt offerings
- Finance > Capital markets: equity offerings