Ms Lauren Boglivi > Proskauer Rose LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Proskauer Rose LLP Offices
11 TIMES SQUARE
NEW YORK, NEW YORK 10036-8299
- Go to...
Ms Lauren Boglivi
Lauren Boglivi is the co-head of Proskauer’s global Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity Group. Through her extensive transactional experience, Lauren is a leading lawyer at the forefront of some of the most industry-defining M&A matters, particularly in the health care, media and entertainment, and gaming industries. Lauren advises both private and public companies, including private equity sponsors and family offices, in their most critical and complex deals.
In working with influential and high-profile media giants, Lauren has worked extensively on transactions that structure and shape the way media content is viewed and accessed around the world. Lauren has been recognized as a “Sports & Entertainment Trailblazer” by the National Law Journal and was named an Elite Dealmaker by Variety and a Top Lawyer by Cablefax.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading lawyers)
Praised for its ‘understanding of business objectives’, Proskauer Rose LLP is known for its broad industry knowledge, which includes life sciences, media, technology, hospitality, gaming and leisure. Lauren Boglivi handles significant deals on behalf of private and public companies, investment banks, family offices and private equity sponsors, garnering particular acclaim within the sports and entertainment industries; she co-heads the practice from New York alongside Daniel Ganitsky.
The New York-based healthcare team at Proskauer Rose LLP advises its clients on major transactions and corporate governance work. It counts among its clients both primary and secondary care providers, with Lauren Boglivi most notably advising Ethos Veterinary Health on its roll-up acquisition by National Veterinary Association. The team also advises on capital markets matters. Private equity clients are a key driver of work, with practice head David Manko offering particular experience in this segment. The experienced Edward Kornreich is also noted for his work with integrated health systems.
Proskauer Rose LLP has a strong focus on mid-market private equity and growth equity deals, working with a wide range of funds and investors including Bain, Carlyle, and Goldman Sachs on buyouts, portfolio company investments, and divestitures. The team is able to draw upon the firm’s wider financing, structuring, and private credit expertise, offering a service to funds clients beyond pure transactional work. The department is overseen from New York by active dealmakers Lauren Boglivi, a noted specialist in media sector transactions, and Daniel Ganitsky, who advises on a wide range of deals, particularly cross-border transactions involving Latin American parties. The firm’s Boston-based offering takes the lead on most private equity work, and is spearheaded by Steven Peck, who has a broad practice encompassing straight buyouts, growth equity investments, and distressed acquisitions, and is also adept in fund manager advice, including on M&A and restructuring. His clients include major bulge-bracket players alongside prolific mid-market investors.
With an active practice in New York, the team at Proskauer Rose LLP focuses its expertise on the corporate side of media and entertainment and content distribution transactions. Co-head Robert Freeman is an expert in structuring complex transactions and in a recent highlight negotiated multi-year distribution agreements between Cox Communications and ViacomCBS. His fellow co-head Lauren Boglivi is a specialist in media content matters and represented Hearst Magazines in its sale of the US edition of Marie Claire to British publisher Future. Their peer and co-head Sandra Crawshaw-Sparks is a litigator with particular expertise pertaining to music industry matters. Finally, co-head Jeffrey Neuburger expands the firm’s scope through his focus on the intersection of technology, media, and IP. Will Chuchawat in Los Angeles, who focuses on middle market transactions, joined from Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP in February 2021.
The telecoms & broadcast team of Proskauer Rose LLP position themselves at the forefront of digital distribution, handling matters pertaining to traditional internet platforms and emerging OTT services such as Hulu, AMC Networks, and fuboTV and recently advised on industry-shaping M&A for Discovery and ForgeLight. Headquartered in New York, the practice is led by Lauren Boglivi, Sandra Crawshaw-Sparks, Robert Freeman, and Jeffrey Neuburger. Will Chuchawat is an active dealmaker within the team, while Vishnu Shankar joined from Sidley Austin LLP in April 2021.
- Leading lawyers - United States > M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: large deals ($1bn+)
- Healthcare: service providers - United States > Industry focus
- Media and entertainment: transactional - United States > Media, technology and telecoms
- Private equity buyouts - United States > M&A/corporate and commercial
- Telecoms and broadcast: transactions - United States > Media, technology and telecoms
- M&A: large deals ($1bn+) - United States > M&A/corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: litigation
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Labor and employment > ERISA litigation
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Venture capital and emerging companies
- Tax > Financial products
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- Industry focus > Sport
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Investment fund formation and management > Alternative/hedge funds
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: transactional
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Industry focus > Insurance: advice to policyholders
- Tax > International tax
- Tax > Not-for-profit (nonprofit and tax exempt organizations)
- Investment fund formation and management > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Real estate > Real estate
- Real estate > Real estate investment trusts (REITs)
- Intellectual property > Trade secrets (litigation and non-contentious matters)
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Industry focus > Environment: transactional
- Labor and employment > Immigration
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Investment fund formation and management > Mutual/registered/exchange-traded funds
- Media, technology and telecoms > Outsourcing
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: litigation
- Antitrust > Civil litigation/class actions: defense
- Industry focus > Healthcare: life sciences
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Private equity buyouts
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Media, technology and telecoms > Technology transactions
- Media, technology and telecoms > Telecoms and broadcast: transactions
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: large deals ($1bn+)
- Dispute resolution > Leading trial lawyers
- Dispute resolution > Appellate: courts of appeals / Appellate: supreme courts (states and federal)
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- Finance > Capital markets: debt offerings
- Finance > Capital markets: equity offerings