David D Peden > Porter Hedges LLP > Houston, United States > Lawyer Profile
Porter Hedges LLP Offices
1000 MAIN STREET
HOUSTON, TX 77002
- Go to...
David D Peden
David Peden heads the firm’s Construction Section. He has extensive experience in litigation and arbitration of construction, insurance, surety and commercial issues.
David frequently represents owners, lenders, general contractors, subcontractors, and design professionals in claims; disputes; arbitration and litigation; contract documents; mediation services; commercial, industrial, offshore, multi-family, and surety trials and appeals of contractual disputes; supply contracts; deceptive trade practices; and breach of warranty. His industrial construction experience includes disputes related to pipelines on and offshore, storage facilities, vessel failures, turbines, jack up rigs, cogeneration plants, welding, delays, insurance claims, man power efficiency, and equipment failures. His commercial construction experience includes design and construction defects, extra work and acceleration claims, and multi-party case management and trials.
Mr. Peden served as Chair of the State Bar of Texas Construction Law Section (2006-07). He is listed as one of America’s leading lawyers in construction law and construction: alternative dispute resolution by Chambers USA, is listed as a recommended construction lawyer by The Legal 500 since 2010, and has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America, Construction Law, since 2004. He was named the Best Lawyers’ 2012 Houston Construction Law “Lawyer of the Year.” Mr. Peden was also named one of the state’s leading lawyers in the Construction practice area by Who’s Who Legal: Texas 2008. He has been selected for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers in Construction Litigation since 2003 and Super Lawyers Corporate Counsel Edition for the State of Texas in construction litigation since 2009.
- Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent Rated Attorney
- American Arbitration Association, Member , Panel of Arbitrators, for more than 20 years
- State Bar of Texas, Member of Construction and Litigation Sections (Chair 2006-2007; Vice-Chair 2005-2006; Secretary 2004-2005; Treasurer 2003-2004; Past Council Member)
- Houston Bar Association, Member of Construction and Litigation Sections (Past Chairman)
- American Bar Association, Member of Construction and Litigation Sections (Steering Committee Division 2 1994-1996, 1999-2002)
- Federal Bar Association, Member of Construction and Litigation Sections
- College of the State Bar of Texas; Past Board Member
- Houston Chapter of the Association of General Contractors, Member and has served on the Surety and Bonding Committee, AIA/AGC Joint Committee, Mentor Education Committee, Executive Development Committee and the Advisory Board
David received his J.D. from The University of Texas School of Law and his B.B.A. from The University of Texas at Austin.
United States > Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
Porter Hedges LLP handles construction matters in the commercial, industrial, energy and infrastructure sectors in the state of Texas. David Peden achieved a significant victory for Bilfinger in an international arbitration case centering on the construction of an iron ore processing facility; the client, as contractor, had its contract unlawfully terminated for alleged delays, and subsequently successfully awarded $30m after a two-week hearing. John Hawkins supported on this matter, and also represented HOK, the designers behind the University of Texas’ facilities, in litigation with the university over alleged design flaws. Heather Hatfield was active on this matter. Amy Wolfshohl and Nick Simms are other notable names.