King & Spalding in Affiliation With the Law Office of Mohammad Al-Ammar > Riyadh, Saudi Arabia > Firm Profile
King & Spalding in Affiliation With the Law Office of Mohammad Al-Ammar Offices
KINGDOM CENTRE 20TH FLOOR, KING FAHAD ROAD
PO BOX 14702
King & Spalding in Affiliation With the Law Office of Mohammad Al-Ammar > The Legal 500 RankingsKing & Spalding in Affiliation With the Law Office of Mohammad Al-Ammar is singled out for its reputation handling complex Islamic financing deals and structuring sukuk transactions, particularly in highly regulated sectors including healthcare; it also has notable experience advising on the formation and listing of REITS. Jawad Ali leads the team from Dubai and handles a significant amount of sukuk and mudaraba transactions in the Saudi market; James Stull advises on security toke offerings and sukuk, as does Nabil Issa.
Jadwa Investment Company
Islamic Development Bank
Al Bilad Capital
Al Rajhi Capital
Ashmore Investments Saudi Arabia
- Advised Alkhabeer Capital on the listing of the units of the Alkhabeer Diversified Income Traded Fund on the main market of the Saudi Stock Exchange after successfully completing an IPO on 24 December 2020 raising 472.8 million Saudi Riyals.
- Acting for NMG, a U.S. company, in relation to acquisition of a stake in a joint venture with Gulf Medical in Jeddah.
‘Nabil Issa is always available to follow up on new and old business matters.’
‘The individual lawyers are very forward-leaning in how they approach the challenges that are brought to them and interface with each other in the overall K&S Law Firm to get the best results possible.’
‘Fast, responsive and experts in all the fields we contact them for. They add credibility in any deal they undertake (M&A and fund formation).’
‘The relationship that K&S teams maintains is second to none. Dependable, credible and true advisors.’
‘The matters are generally partner-led which distinct K&S Middle East from their competitors. The firm is able to involve lawyers with extensive Saudi and UAE law experience and industry experts in one team. Also, they are able to quickly involve lawyers outside of the region in a seamless manner. The Firm is able to come up with creative yet practical solutions.’
‘We are interacting with Nabil Issa, Simon Rahimzada and Mohammed Al-Ammar. The team members are responsive, professional, practice and sector experts. They are extensively strong and truly capable and innovative in breaking and solving complex matters, and sometimes deal with unprecedented matters in the region.’
Saudi Aramco Investment Management Company (SAIMCO)
Abu Dhabi Development Holding Company (ADQ)
Mizuho Gulf Capital Partners Ltd
Gulf Investment Corporation
Mubadala Investment Company
Gulf Finance House
Gulf Capital PJSC
Jabal Omar Development Company
Jeddah Economic Company
Arabian Company for Water and Power Development (ACWA Holding)
Small and Medium Enterprises Authority (SME Authority)
Bee’ah UAE and Bee’ah Energy KSA – leading environmental and waste management company
- Advised Western Union on a $200m acquisition of STC Pay, a digital payments entity that is in the process of becoming the first Saudi Arabian digital bank.
- Advised Saudi Jordanian Investment Fund (SJIF) on completing a $15m Series-B investment into OpenSooq.com Limited.
- Advised Gateway Fund I, L.P., acting through its general partner, Gateway Partners Limited, to acquire 42.5532% of all the Tim Hortons franchises across the GCC.
Tim M. Burbury; Moustafa Said
Other key lawyers:
Randall Walker; Patrick McPherson; Sayf Shuqair
Sadara Chemical Company
Roshn Real Estate
Riyad Capital (Riyadh)
Al Rajhi Capital
Diyaar Al Salheya
Knowledge Economic City
Sharjah Media City (SHAMS)
- Representing NEOM on all of its construction program since inception. This includes 50 drafting and negotiating 100s of construction contracts, This matter is important because at $500bn, this is by far the largest construction project ever to be developed.
- Advising Riyad Capital, on behalf of its parent entity Riyad Bank, on the acquisition from King Abdullah Financial District Development and Management Company (KAFD) of a commercial office building the KAFD District in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Advised Masdar and EDF on the 400MW Dumat Al Jandal wind IPP in Saudi Arabia.
Jawad I. Ali; Zaid Al-Farisi
The Saudi National Bank
Arab National Bank
The Saudi British Bank (SABB)
Banque Saudi Fransi
Gulf International Bank
Emirates NBD Bank
Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank (ADIB)
- Advising two major Saudi banks on Shari’ah-compliant facilities extended to construct a tower in King Abdullah Financial District.
- Advising a Saudi borrower on the restructuring of SAR multi-billion Shari’ah-compliant construction facilities.
- Advising a Saudi borrower in connection with the restructuring and refinancing of an approximately SAR 1.5 billion facility provided by a major Saudi bank.
Other key lawyers:
Mubadala Investment Company
Electricity de France (EDF)
Sadara Chemical Company (joint venture of Saudi Aramco and Dow Chemical)
Abu Dhabi Future Energy Company – Masdar
Abu Dhabi Investment Office (ADIO)
- Advised NEOM on all of its construction program since inception.
- Advised the consortium of power developers in relation to the Concession, EPC and O&M and associated project finance agreements with PowerChina for 14 renewable energy plants in one sitting.
- Advised Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Foundation (MiSK) on the procurement on a BOT basis of a district cooling provider for the 4.77 million square metre MiSK City Development.
King & Spalding in Affiliation With the Law Office of Mohammad Al-Ammar > Firm Profile
The firm: Celebrating more than 130 years of service, King & Spalding is an international law firm that represents a broad array of clients, including half of the Fortune Global 100, with 1,200 lawyers in 22 offices in the United States, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. The firm also represents hundreds of clients with new ventures and mid-sized companies in emerging industries.
The firm has handled matters in over 160 countries on six continents and is consistently recognised for the results it obtains, its uncompromising commitment to quality and its dedication to understanding the business and culture of its clients.
|Patent, trade mark and copyright litigation|
|International arbitration and litigation|
|Mergers and acquisitions|
Staff FiguresNumber of lawyers : 1100+ firmwide
LanguagesArabic Chinese English Farsi French German Hebrew Hindi Italian Japanese Korean Mandarin Portuguese Punjabi Russian Sindhi Spanish Swedish Taiwanese
OtherContact : Jawad Ali (office managing partner) Other offices : Abu Dhabi Other offices : Atlanta Other offices : Austin Other offices : Charlotte Other offices : Frankfurt Other offices : Dubai Other offices : Geneva Other offices : Houston Other offices : London Other offices : Los Angeles Other offices : Moscow Other offices : New York Other offices : Paris Other offices : San Francisco Other offices : Silicon Valley Other offices : Singapore Other offices : Tokyo Other offices : Washington, DC Other offices : Chicago Other offices : Brussels
Assisting clients in the present and anticipating the future2022 is a pivotal year We are going through unprecedented crises requiring a major evolution of our society. One of King & Spalding’s strengths is to be at the side of our client in this context. So far, more than 330m people have contracted the Covid-19 virus, all variants combined, and at least 6m have …