Mr Stephen Day > Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP Offices
- Go to...
Mr Stephen Day
New York University School of Law LL.M.
College of Law, London LPC
London School of Economics and Political Science LL.B.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP has ‘an outstanding combination of technical lawyers, market thought-leaders and grafters, and the firm is back to its former stellar position‘. The firm handles the full spectrum of work from traditional CLO and ABS transactions to securitising niche or cutting-edge asset classes across established and new jurisdictions. The firm has a deep bench of partners focused on structured finance, among them Stephen Day and Suzanne Bell, who frequently advise financial institutions and corporations in Europe and the US on complex cross-border deals. Matthew Duncan is known for innovative first-of-kind transactions, and he assisted RGA Americas Reinsurance Company, Ltd and RGA UK Services Limited with the establishment of a £356m UK equity release mortgage-backed securities programme. CLO expert David Quirolo is ‘unsurpassed in terms of technical ability‘. CLO specialists Daniel Tobias and Claire Puddicombe are ‘excellent technical and practical lawyers‘. Robert Cannon, who handles CDOs, CLOs, mortgage securitisations and commercial paper conduits, is among the firm’s up-and-coming partners, as is Sabah Nawaz, who acts for funds and corporate borrowers. Nick Shiren is a key adviser on derivatives and structured credit.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Securitisation
- Finance > Derivatives and structured products
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Investment fund formation and management > Real estate funds
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds
- Real estate > Property finance