Amy Mackenzie > Harper Macleod LLP > Glasgow, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Harper Macleod LLP Offices
45 GORDON STREET
- Go to...
Amy specialises in advising family owned businesses and owner-managed businesses, and has experience in advising business owners in relation to a variety of corporate and commercial work including acquisitions and disposals, and shareholder and partnership arrangements, on a wide range of transactions.
Amy acts as lead legal adviser on transactions, where she maintains the client relationship, and project manages a multi-disciplinary team (including our Corporate, Employment, Property, Intellectual Property, Banking and Dispute Resolution teams, together with the client’s external financial and tax advisers) to meet transaction deadlines. Recent examples of Amy’s experience include:
- lead adviser to a private equity backed dental acquirer based in England, in relation to the acquisition by the client of multiple dental practices across Scotland. Amy’s relationship with this client has proven to be a key factor in this consolidator appointing Harper Macleod as its sole legal adviser on its acquisitions in Scotland;
- lead adviser to a family owned group of companies within the waste management sector on all corporate and commercial matters; and
- lead adviser to a variety of businesses in the marine economy, fintech, financial services and transport and logistics industries on investment, complex succession planning and transfer of ownership matters.
In addition to managing her legal workload, Amy has initiated and developed a successful business development initiative, and so also plays an important role in our Corporate team in terms of business generation.
Amy is fluent in Spanish, and will assist colleagues acting on behalf of Spanish speaking clients as and when required.
Amy was awarded “Highly Commended” in the Rising Star of the Year category at the Scottish Legal Awards 2019 and she is recommended in Corporate & Commercial by independent legal directory, The Legal 500.
LLB (Hons) Dip LP NP
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Employment > Immigration
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Medical negligence: pursuer
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Insurance > Personal injury: pursuer
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment
- Real estate > Planning