James Tee > Collas Crill > St Peter Port, Guernsey > Lawyer Profile
Collas Crill Offices
GLATEGNY COURT, PO BOX 140
ST PETER PORT
- Go to...
James is Of Counsel in the dispute resolution department team.
James advises on all aspects of commercial dispute resolution with a particular focus on insolvency matters. He regularly advises insolvency practitioners, creditors and directors alike on all aspect of insolvency matters from appointments to directions applications.
Additionally, James has experience regarding other matters in the core areas of the Dispute Resolution team including Corporate Disputes and Contentious Trusts.
James has been ranked in the Legal 500 as “a first class of counsel in the insolvency area”.
- Benjamin Rhodes and Alan Roberts as the liquidators of Canargo Limited (in Liquidation) v MND Limited et al (Approved Judgment of the Royal Court October 2020) – Successfully acting for the Joint Liquidators of a company in respect of a directions application regarding the sale of mining rights in Georgia.
- James Toynton and Benjamin Rhodes as the liquidators of Conqueror Holdings Limited ((in Liquidation) (Approved Judgment of the Royal Court June 2019) – Successfully acting for the Joint Liquidators in respect of a directions application regarding the standing of creditors in the adjudication process of the liquidation of a company. This was the first time that the Court had to consider the issue of security in a cross border insolvency context.
- Clean Sweep Holdings Limited (in Administration) – Successfully applying to the Royal Court of Guernsey to have the Joint Administrators appointed by the High Court over a Guernsey company recognised in Guernsey.
- James Chadwick and Susan Berry (as the joint trustees in Bankruptcy of Tom Doyle) – Successfully represented the Trustees in Bankruptcy in seeking recognition in Guernsey and ancillary orders under section 426.
- Artemis Trustees Limited et al v Martin Sandle et al (Approved Judgments of the Court, various 2018) – Representing the current trustees in respect of a fee dispute with former Trustees.
He joined the firm in 2006 as a paralegal. Having passed the Bar Vocational Course in 2009 James was called to the Bar of England and Wales. He is a member of the Inner Temple. James was called to the Guernsey bar in 2010. He became a Notary Public in 2017. He was promoted to Of Counsel in 2020.
Associate Member of R3
Secretary of the Association of Guernsey Notaries
Elizabeth College, Guernsey; Oxford Brookes University, Law and Politics BA Hons; University of Caen (2009 Certificate d’études Juridique Français et Normandes).
Golf, hockey and cooking.