Laurie Child > Mourant > St Helier, Jersey > Lawyer Profile
22 GRENVILLE STREET
- Go to...
I am an employment law specialist and advise on the full range of employment disputes, restructuring processes, and statutory and contractual claims. I have particular experience of matters involving discrimination and collective employment issues. My work also includes commercial and employment data protection expertise, and advice on business licensing and immigration and mobility matters.
- Advising a fiduciary services provider on complex integration and restructure issues arising from a significant merger.
- Acting for an insurance business in defending a sensitive dismissal claim.
- Acting for a banking group and one of its investment managers in defending claims for disability and sex discrimination.
- Acting for an investment bank in defending a high value bonus claim.
- Advising a banking group on a substantial restructure of its Jersey business.
- Advising a public services provider on the successful resolution of a collective bargaining dispute in the context of a sensitive organisational change process.
- Acting for a banking group in defending a claim for age discrimination.
- Solicitor, England and Wales, 2012 (currently non-practising)
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Jersey Data Protection Association
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
Mourant‘s team is credited for having ‘a discreet manner that gives comfort to companies and institutions who rely on quality advice and guidance in a wide range of activities‘. Led by Carla Benest , the team cooperates with employment and pensions lawyers across the firm’s office network to provide a full multi-jurisdictional employment service to corporates and financial institutions. On the contentious side, lawyers are well-versed in unfair and constructive dismissal, discrimination claims and contractual disputes. On the non-contentious front, the group regularly advises on agile and flexible working issues, employee mobility and business restructurings. Senior associate Laurie Child takes the lead on a number of employment issues, including matters concerning restructurings and redundancy processes. Associate Katie Phillips is developing a practice that involves relocations and matters relating to the establishment of businesses on Jersey.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Corporate and commercial
- Dispute resolution > Dispute resolution
- Investment funds
- Private client, trusts and tax
- Dispute resolution > Regulatory and white-collar crime