Greg May > Brodies LLP > Aberdeen, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Brodies LLP Offices
31-33 UNION GROVE
- Go to...
Oil and gas.
Greg is a partner in the oil & gas team with expertise and particular focus on the drilling and service sectors. Greg has 19 years of experience as an oil and gas practitioner based in Aberdeen. He has worked extensively in-house, as well as in private practice.
Greg’s concentration over the past 14 years has been the drilling sector and he has significant in-house experience in this area including three years as General Counsel for Transocean’s Europe and Africa Business Unit based in the Paris office and; more than seven years as legal adviser to Global Marine, Global SantaFe, and ADTI – providing legal support in relation to drilling contract negotiations and the management and administration of related service sector contracts, as well the drafting and negotiation of turnkey drilling projects in the North Sea and West Africa.
US-qualified and admitted to Indiana Bar and Federal District Court, Southern District 1993; qualified in England and Wales 2004; legal counsel Oryx 1998; private practice 1999; legal counsel Transocean 2000; partner Brodies LLP 2011.
Law Society of England; Association of International Petroleum Negotiators.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Brodies LLP has a strong track record in transformational M&A in the oil and gas sector. It also advises clients on field developments, transportation arrangements and decommissioning. Clare Munro, who leads the team, has over 20 years of experience. Greg May is well regarded for his drilling sector knowledge, while Sonia Love is noted for her FPSO field developments expertise. Rhona McFarlane is renowned for her experience of complex decommissioning matters.
- Leading individuals - Scotland > Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Oil and gas - Scotland > Projects, energy and natural resources
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Medical negligence: defender
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Public sector > Parliamentary and public affairs
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Finance > Investment funds
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport