Mr Neil Addis > Addleshaw Goddard > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Addleshaw Goddard Offices
19 CANNING STREET
- Go to...
Mr Neil Addis
Neil acts for clients involved in all aspects of real estate work, ranging from occupier clients (retail and business space) to clients acquiring and selling both investment and development property. In terms of development work, Neil has recently been involved in acquiring a number of sites for care homes and student accommodation, as well as for food retail. On the investment side, Neil has a number of very active clients who have been involved over the last few years in a many acquisitions and disposals, ranging from a multi-use development in the North of Scotland (Hotel/retail and pub) to a large office investment in the centre of Edinburgh. In terms of occupier work, Neil acts for some well know high street names in the retail and restaurant trade. In addition, he represents a highly acquisitive care home operator having completing numerous deals for them over the last few years. Neil looks after the firm’s property finance team, and has dealt with some high profile funding deals, across all sectors including care homes, shopping centres, student accommodation, garden centres, office space and retail. He maintains a high profile with most major funders in the property finance sector and regularly acts for The Royal Bank of Scotland, Bank of Scotland, Clydesdale Bank, HSBC, Barclays, Santander and Svenska Handelsbanken, to name a few.
Trained Archibald Campbell & Harley; qualified 1996; head of real estate at former firm; partner HBJ Gateley 2005 to date (now known as Addleshaw Goddard)
Law Society of Scotland; Investment Property Forum and Writer to the Signet.
Daniel Stewarts and Melville College; Edinburgh University (1993 LLB Hons; 1994 Dip LP).
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Social housing
- Employment > Employment