Shilpen Savani > gunnercooke LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
gunnercooke LLP Offices
- Go to...
Dispute Resolution & Employment Law
Shilpen is a dispute resolution specialist with a 20-year track record of achieving successful outcomes in complex commercial disputes and contentious corporate matters in the Senior Courts of England and Wales.
He is known as a deft negotiator and trouble-shooter, advising on many contentious and sensitive business challenges for clients in a range of business sectors including media, technology, real estate, fashion and luxury brands, as well as financial and professional services. Shilpen seeks to resolve complex disputes persuasively, pragmatically and strategically to reach the best commercial outcome fast. This includes strong representation in court, at arbitration or, where appropriate, through mediation as an extremely effective alternative means of resolving disputes.
Shilpen is also known for his employment law expertise and advises employers, employees and others in workplace matters and actions in both the Employment Tribunal and High Court. He is a member of IR Global, the world’s largest exclusive network of advisory firms, where he is Employment Law Member for England. Shilpen is a committed advocate and driver for diversity and inclusion in the workplace and a pro bono supporter and Advisory Board member of Creative Equals.
Shilpen leads a dynamic, integrated team of lawyers so that all client instructions can be managed seamlessly. Both Henna Elahi and Sacha Sokhi are experienced dispute resolution solicitors. They have represented clients in the High Court, County Courts and Employment Tribunals as well as employing arbitration and mediation. The team works cohesively with a common ethos of delivering sensible, rational advice and dealing with all parties to achieve successful client outcomes as quickly as possible.
Previous Law Firms
- DWFM Beckman, London, Partner
- Judge Sykes Frixou, Partner
- London School of Economics (1993 LLB)
- King’s College London (1995 LLM)
- The College of Law (1994)
- New York Bar Exam (2001)
gunnercooke LLP‘s ‘proactive‘ bench of advisers handle complex disputes involving financial services, technology, media, real estate, IP, and SME and owner-managed businesses. Shilpen Savani is a commercial disputes and contentious corporate specialist; Philip Rubens assists with contentious financial services matters; and Fergus Buckley ‘has great litigation instincts‘.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Securitisation
- Finance > Securitisation
- Finance > Transport finance and leasing
- Transport > Rail
- Finance > Trade finance
- Employment > Pensions (non-contentious)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Real estate > Property finance
- Insurance > Insurance and reinsurance litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Fintech