Laurence Katz > gunnercooke LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
gunnercooke LLP Offices
- Go to...
Laurence has specialised for 25 years in commercial dispute resolution (including international arbitration under the rules of the ICC, the LCIA and UNCITRAL), fraud and asset tracing claims and insolvency litigation. He has extensive experience of acting as a supervisor solicitor on the execution of search orders and began taking appointments as a supervising solicitor in the late 1990s. Laurence’s commercial dispute resolution experience includes contractual disputes (including in relation to guarantees, business sale agreements, joint ventures, management agreements, patent licenses, distribution agreements, commercial agency contracts and restrictive covenants); interest rate swap mis-selling; shareholder and partnership disputes; directors’ and officers’ liability; and professional negligence claims against auditors, solicitors and valuers. He has been recognised as Recommended Lawyer by The Legal 500 2021.
Taking ‘a hands-on approach to dispute resolution‘, gunnercooke LLP has notable experience in disputes involving financial services, technology, media, real estate, and IP, as well as SMEs and owner-managed businesses. Corporate and commercial disputes specialist Shilpen Savani ‘works hard to get the best results for clients‘; Philip Rubens is a contentious financial services expert; Fergus Buckley focuses on civil fraud and shareholder disputes; and Laurence Katz is experienced in commercial dispute resolution, insolvency litigation, and fraud and asset tracing claims.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Trade finance
- Employment > Pensions (non-contentious)
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Fintech
- Insurance > Insurance and reinsurance litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Real estate > Property finance
- Finance > Transport finance and leasing
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Transport > Rail