Philip Rubens > gunnercooke LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
gunnercooke LLP Offices
- Go to...
Philip is a highly knowledgeable commercial litigator in all matters relating to contentious financial services. This includes not only proceedings primarily in the High Court but also regulatory actions instituted by the FCA against both regulated and non regulated entities in relation to market abuse and other regulatory infractions. Philip’s practice includes claims for misselling of financial products as well as claims brought against Banks and other financial services providers by their customers. In addition, Philip acts on group actions as well as shareholder claims brought against Listed PLCs. He also has extensive litigation experience and arbitration experience in relation to a wide variety of non financial services actions.
Taking ‘a hands-on approach to dispute resolution‘, gunnercooke LLP has notable experience in disputes involving financial services, technology, media, real estate, and IP, as well as SMEs and owner-managed businesses. Corporate and commercial disputes specialist Shilpen Savani ‘works hard to get the best results for clients‘; Philip Rubens is a contentious financial services expert; Fergus Buckley focuses on civil fraud and shareholder disputes; and Laurence Katz is experienced in commercial dispute resolution, insolvency litigation, and fraud and asset tracing claims.
gunnercooke LLP‘s disputes group is highly experienced in ad hoc international arbitrations, as well as matters under the rules of the major international arbitral bodies. David Breslin specialises in international arbitrations in the insurance, financial services, energy and international trade sectors, while Philip Rubens‘ recent workload includes Anglo-Indian disputes. In summer 2023, the group expanded at partner level through the recruitment of investment treaty dispute experts Chloe Carswell and Uliana Cooke from Reed Smith LLP and PCB Byrne, respectively.
- Commercial litigation: mid-market London > Dispute resolution
- International arbitration London > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Trade finance
- Employment > Pensions (non-contentious)
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Fintech
- Insurance > Insurance and reinsurance litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Real estate > Property finance
- Finance > Transport finance and leasing
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Transport > Rail