Martin Hopkins > Birkett Long LLP > Colchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Birkett Long LLP Offices
1 Amphora Place
- Go to...
Managing Partner, specialising in employment law since qualification as a solicitor in 1998
Martin has a wide experience of acting on behalf of both employer and employee although his practice now is predominantly in employer support. Martin is able to undertake all aspects of employment related legal work from drafting contracts to representing clients at Employment Tribunals and Employment Appeal Tribunals.
Martin has wide experience of the employment issues affecting employers and employees in the construction industry. Acting on behalf of employers and, to a lesser extent employees, he represents clients at Employment Tribunals and the Employment Appeal Tribunal. Martin has particular experience in the following construction industry related areas:
Employment status including definition of worker, employee and self employed.
Holiday pay entitlement including rolled up holiday pay schemes.
Employment relations including union representation and collective agreements.
Transfer of undertakings issues including acquisition and disposal, insourcing, service provision change and outsourcing.
Redundancy, restructure and change management.
The Colchester employment practice at Birkett Long LLP is led by the ‘exceptional‘ Martin Hopkins and skilfully handles a wide range of employment matters including representing employers in significant employment tribunal cases – a particular area of focus for Hopkins. Julie Temple rejoined the team at the beginning of this year from niche employment firm Quantrills Solicitors. Her expertise includes advising higher education institutions and large companies on matters including GDPR compliance and gender-pay reporting. Reggie Lloyd handles employment related litigation and represents both claimants and respondents.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Essex
- Human resources > Employment: Essex
- Private client > Family: Essex
- Public sector > Health
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Essex
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Real estate > Commercial property: Essex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Essex
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Real estate > Construction
- Public sector > Education