Alex Cole > Russells Solicitors > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Russells Solicitors Offices
152-156 GREAT PORTLAND STREET
- Go to...
Digital Media, Entertainment & Technology
Alex joined Russells in 2018 and has established three main areas of focus:
1. The convergence of technology and entertainment including:
- Web 3.0 (blockchain, crypto, NFTs and DAOs);
- Artificial intelligence;
- Deepfakes and synthetic media
- Virtual and augmented reality;
- Digital content licensing in the music and audiovisual industries;
- Gaming and esports;
- Branded entertainment
- Influencers and the influencer economy;
- Social media;
- Trade marks;
- Data protection / GDPR / ePrivacy;
- Website and app terms;
- Software development and licensing;
- Intermediary liability;
- Regulatory matters including OFCOM and ASA regulations;
- Online advertising; and
- Lotteries and prize promotions.
Alex’s recent work in this area has included advising on a number of web 3.0 projects for major record labels which have been reported in the press. He frequently gives talks and training to entertainment industry bodies on technology-related matters and he is an actively involved member of the Society of Computers & Law.
2. Corporate and company law matters including:
- Catalogue and company sales and acquisitions;
- Joint ventures and shareholders’ arrangements;
- Fundraising and investments;
- Partnership and LLP arrangements;
- Employee incentives / share option schemes; and
- Day-to-day company law and corporate governance advice.
3. Non-contentious entertainment matters including:
- Recording, publishing, distribution, management and band arrangements for music industry clients;
- Development, production, financing and distribution arrangements for film and TV industry clients;
- Branding, sponsorship and endorsement matters;
- Merchandising; and
- Live events.