Susannah Fink > Gowling WLG > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Gowling WLG Offices
4 MORE LONDON RIVERSIDE
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
Dispute Resolution; Insurance; Natural Resources; Mediation; Professional Liability
Susannah helps clients to resolve their disputes in a cost-effective and commercial way.
Susannah Fink is a London-based principal associate who advises on dispute resolution, with an emphasis on general commercial litigation, as well as insurance and reinsurance litigation.
She has developed wide-ranging dispute resolution experience, having acted for companies and company directors in the natural resources, advertising, banking, pharmaceutical, construction and technology industries. She handles both contractual and professional liability disputes for clients in the UK and abroad.
On the insurance and reinsurance side, Susannah has represented Lloyd’s Syndicates and insurance companies, based in the UK, Bermuda and the US, with an emphasis upon financial lines coverage disputes. She is experienced in both international arbitration and High Court litigation. Susannah also assists policyholder clients of the firm with non-contentious insurance advice.
Susannah recently enhanced her understanding of her clients’ needs through a secondment at an accountancy firm.
Assisting a Bermuda based excess insurer achieve a favourable settlement in an international arbitration relating to coverage for D&O liability. Susannah worked closely alongside US lawyers, as although the arbitration took place in London, it was governed by New York law.
Advising a group of reinsurers in relation to their exposure to D&O claims, involving several inwards inspections and advising generally on strategy and market settlements and commutations.
Advising a group of Lloyd’s Syndicate and company insurers defending a Commercial Court dispute arising out of the financing of various film productions.
Helping an AIM listed gas exploration company obtain a successful settlement of a High Court dispute, in which it was being sued by a former director who had lost out on lucrative share options when he was removed from office.
Assisting a European bank noteholder to settle several disputes in England and the US arising out of transactions involving CDOs that had been ongoing for many years.
Advising advertising agency in a Commercial Court breach of contract dispute.
London > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
Providing ‘a very able and experienced team for substantial commercial litigation‘, Gowling WLG is consistently sought out for large international and domestic commercial disputes, particularly Chancery and Commercial Court cases. ‘A super lawyer and a great team player,’ senior litigation partner James Sidwell also co-heads the firm’s financial services sector group; Catherine Naylor, ‘an exceptional litigator,’ is particularly focused on complex, multi-jurisdictional cases; and ‘star litigator‘ Andrew Smith‘s track record includes large amounts of work in the automotive, food and drink, Pharma, property development and telecoms industries. At legal director level, Verity Barker acts in a variety of cross-border commercial litigation, while Susannah Fink is on hand for both general commercial litigation and insurance disputes. Within the principal associate pool, Tom Cox‘s experience includes three successful heavyweight High Court trials in a recent five-year period, while Alexander Wrixon combines his litigation expertise with insurance market experience.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Investment fund formation and management > Listed funds
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Water
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – small-mid cap
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Infrastructure
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: patents (contentious and non-contentious)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Industry focus > Life sciences and healthcare
- Employment > Pensions (non-contentious)
- Employment > Pensions: dispute resolution
- Industry focus > Retail and consumer
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Industry focus > Emerging markets
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition: trade, WTO anti-dumping and customs
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Employment > Health and safety
- Public sector > Healthcare
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Mining and minerals
- Real estate > Planning
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Power (including electricity, nuclear and renewables)
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Transport > Rail
- Investment fund formation and management > Real estate funds
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Fintech
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: lower mid-market deals, £50m-£500m
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions - mid-market deals (up to £250m)
- Real estate > Property finance
- Real estate > Social housing: finance
- Industry focus > TMT
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration