Adrian Jones > Wiggin LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Wiggin LLP Offices
9TH FLOOR, MET BUILDING
22 PERCY STREET
- Go to...
Adrian is a corporate lawyer specialising in advising media and technology clients on a broad range of corporate and financial transactions, as well as strategic and governance issues. He has spent over 20 years advising media and technology clients on their transactional work, particularly private company M&A, joint ventures and strategic partnerships and raising equity from angel and venture capital investors. Alongside the transactional work, much of his time is spent advising and guiding boards and entrepreneurs on risk and strategy, on governance and stakeholder relations and in the hard times on their insolvency concerns. He focuses predominantly on the TV, software, sport, music and publishing sectors, but has experience of doing deals involving all sorts of digital businesses.
Trained Baker & McKenzie; qualified 1998; partner Wiggin & Co 2004.
Monmouth School 1988; Bristol University 1992; College of Law, Store Street 1996.
The team at Wiggin LLP ‘set the gold standard when it comes to media law’. Charles Moore and David Quli head up the film & television division, Paul Gardner the interactive entertainment team, Rachel Alexander and Alexander Ross jointly lead on music, and Ross together with Adrian Jones and Caroline Kean additionally co-heads the publishing department. For their extensive expertise pertaining to the television sector and large Hollywood productions respectively, Neil Gillard , Medwyn Jones , and Chris Hanson come recommended. Sarah MacDonald leads the firm’s advertising, marketing and sponsorship team and is a specialist on regulatory issues. Additionally noteworthy is Sean James ‘ practice focused on content exploitation via media platforms and Daniel Whybrew is another key name in film financing.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Gaming and betting
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: patents (contentious and non-contentious)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Fintech
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market