Charmaine Hast > Wedlake Bell LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Wedlake Bell LLP Offices
71 QUEEN VICTORIA STREET
- Go to...
Charmaine is regarded as an expert in English Family Law and is one of the few Family Solicitor finance Arbitrators (CIArb) which means she is able to hand down binding judgments in family law money matters.
Charmaine has the benefit of BA (Psychology) and LLB degrees.
Charmaine has been named in the Spear’s 2020 Index, listed as a leading individual in Legal 500 and is individually ranked in Chambers UK. She is the only family solicitor to ever be listed on the ePrivateClient’s 50 Most Influential Solicitors.
She has particular experience and expertise in advising on big-money and big-name divorces. She is able to advise on cross-border money matters and has a particular interest in trusts and pensions. Her practice covers divorce, separation, civil partnerships, pre and post-nuptial agreements, co-habitation agreements, children issues, abductions and international law. She works with the leading Family Law silks.
Charmaine is always conscious of the need to combine the legal and psychological factor to facilitate advantageous results in these financially trying times.
Partner Berkowitz Kirkel Cohen Inc, South Africa, for 15 years; qualified in England 1996; head of department in South East England; head of family department Wedlake Bell 2012.
Resolution. Charmaine was one of the first accredited specialists in high-net-worth financial matters and abductions, a past trustee of Surrey Family Mediation and a former Vice Chairman of the British South African Law Association.
BA & LLB, Psychology and Law
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Charmaine Hast heads the department at Wedlake Bell LLP that is frequently involved in a significant number of international matters and complex nuptial agreements where there are substantial assets and offshore entities. Hast has particular expertise in trusts and pension issues and is adept at handling matters as diverse as co-habitation and nuptial agreements as well as abductions and children issues. Trisha Siddique is now at Family Law Partners while Mathew Brunsdon-Tully joined the group from Forsters LLP.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Real estate > Property finance
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Residential property
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Corporate and commercial > VAT and indirect tax
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Employment > Senior executives
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Employment > Pensions (non-contentious)
- Employment > Employers