Martin Lucas > Watson Farley & Williams LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Watson Farley & Williams LLP Offices
15 APPOLD STREET
- Go to...
PARTNER IN THE LONDON PROJECTS GROUP
Martin has over 15 years’ experience of advising on projects in the energy and infrastructure sectors worldwide. His recent experience includes advising developers, debt and equity funders in the offshore wind sector, where he has advised on projects in the UK, Germany, Belgium, Denmark and the USA both during the development and construction phases, as well as acquisitions and disposals.
Martin worked in a commercial and technical capacity for a large UK developer for nearly 10 years before qualifying as a lawyer.
Trained Chambers of Richard Ferguson QC; qualified 1999; Norton Rose 1999-2006; Jones Day 2006-08; Watson, Farley & Williams LLP 2008 to date. Publications of note: ‘The New FIDIC forms’, ‘Gulf Construction 2004’; ‘Old Risks, New Contracts’, ‘Project Finance Magazine 2006’.
Honourable Society of Grays Inn; Society of Construction Law.
Inns of Court School of Law (1998 BVC); Kings College London, (2003, MSc).
Watson Farley & Williams LLP offers broad sector focused advice, with the non-contentious construction team acting across real estate, infrastructure, and energy matters. The team is co-led by Martin Lucas, who has particular expertise in offshore wind farm projects both in the UK and internationally, and Rebecca Williams, who advises on front-end dispute avoidance elements of project documents. Barry Hembling is also noted for his experience in real estate matters, particularly in the healthcare, hotel, and leisure sectors.
London > Projects, energy and natural resources > Power (including electricity, nuclear and renewables)
Watson Farley & Williams LLP has an extensive client base consisting of banks, funds, asset managers, utilities and energy companies who approach the firm for advice. The practice has a cross-border focus with mandates in Africa, Middle East, USA and South East Asia. Henry Stewart leads the team with particular experience in solar PV and wind matters. Daisy East specialises in advising sponsors and lenders on all aspects of project-related finance transactions while Martin Lucas is well-versed in matters relating to offshore wind farms. Julian Nichol is experienced in legal issues surrounding conventional power assets.
- Power (including electricity, nuclear and renewables) - London > Projects, energy and natural resources
- Construction: non-contentious - London > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Real estate > Environment
- Finance > Transport finance and leasing
- Dispute resolution > Commodities disputes
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Power (including electricity, nuclear and renewables)
- Industry focus > Hospitality and leisure
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: lower mid-market deals, £50m-£500m
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Transport > Shipping
- Finance > Trade finance
- Transport > Aviation
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – small-mid cap
- Employment > Immigration
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Mining and minerals
- Real estate > Planning
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions - mid-market deals (up to £250m)
- Transport > Rail
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Employment > Employers
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Real estate > Property finance