Patricia Hawthorn > Shepherd and Wedderburn > Glasgow, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Shepherd and Wedderburn Offices
1 WEST REGENT STREET
- Go to...
Planning and Environment
Patricia is a partner and expert in planning and environmental law, with a focus on energy and natural resources. Patricia advises developers on consenting strategy in multi-application scenarios. Her practice covers the early stages of the development consenting process, strategic environmental assessment and environmental impact assessment, planning due diligence and the cross over with environmental permitting, which blends well with the contentious focus of the planning team. In addition to development consenting, Patricia provides general environmental support on corporate and property deals (due diligence, warranties and environmental indemnities) and on environmental prosecutions. Clients include Mainstream Group, EDP RENOVÁVEIS, S.A. and Vector Aerospace. In 2015 Patricia was appointed chairman of Scottish Renewables, the industry body and voice of renewable energy in Scotland, and she is a member of RenewableUK’s consents and licensing group. In Chambers and Partners 2015, sources comment ‘she’s definitely a specialist in the area.’
Trained McGrigors; qualified 1984; partner 1995; consultant Pinsent Masons 2002-07; partner Shepherd and Wedderburn 2007 to date.
Scottish Renewables offshore consents and licensing group; RenewableUK’s consents and licensing group; director/chairman Scottish Renewables.
Glasgow University 1978-83 (LLB 1st Class Hons European Law 1982, DipLP 1983). Re-qualified under English Law 2010.
Skiing, golf and gym.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Working in close co-operation with its planning team, Shepherd and Wedderburn has carved out a strong practice handling environmental law issues arising from energy sector projects, including impact assessments, various regulatory issues and permitting and planning-related matters. The team is also experienced in environmental noise-related work. Patricia Hawthorn and Colin Innes jointly head the team, which includes planning expert Moray Thomson, who joined the firm from DWF in October 2018.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Human resources > Pensions
- Real estate > Planning
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Public sector > Education
- Public sector > Health
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Finance > Investment funds
- Public sector > Local government
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Human resources > Employment
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Real estate > Social housing
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland