Peter Misselbrook > Shepherd and Wedderburn > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Shepherd and Wedderburn Offices
1 EXCHANGE CRESCENT
- Go to...
Rural Business and Renewables
Peter is a highly experienced real estate lawyer with particular expertise in the rural, agricultural and farming sector. Rural Scotland represents 95% of the land area and around a fifth of the population. His experience and client portfolio reflects the diversity of this vibrant economic sector. An established name in rural legal circles, Peter acts for number of large estate owners and farmers, commercial operators, investors, developers, landlords, tenants and for a medium size Nursing home group. He also acts as the lead solicitor for Invercauld Estates and the Royal Highland and Agricultural Society of Scotland.
Peter is a former Chairman of The British Association for Shooting and Conservation and President of the European Hunters Association and has held outside appointments with the Home Office and with the Royal Zoological Society of Scotland.
1976 to 1979 Solicitor (from 1978), Maclay Murray & Spens, Solicitors, 1981 to 1996 Partner, J & A Hastie SSC, 1996 to 2014 Partner, Tods Murray LLP, 2014 to date Consultant, Shepherd and Wedderburn LLP.
The British Association of Shooting and Conservation, Game and Wildlife Conservation Trust, Land and Estates, CONFOR, RHASS.
University of Dundee (1975 LLB).
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Human resources > Pensions
- Real estate > Planning
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Public sector > Education
- Public sector > Health
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Finance > Investment funds
- Public sector > Local government
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Human resources > Employment
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Real estate > Social housing
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland