Ben Taylor > Roythornes Solicitors > Spalding, England > Lawyer Profile
Roythornes Solicitors Offices
- Go to...
Ben joined the firm in September 2011 and qualified as a solicitor in 2015. He was educated locally at Spalding Grammar School, before obtaining his law degree from the University of Leicester and completing the Legal Practice Course at Nottingham Law School.
Since Ben qualified he has developed his own niche within the Private Client team advising on Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax planning, including the Residence Nil Rate Band and Entrepreneurs’ Relief, as well as the Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings. He regularly advises on complex Stamp Duty Land Tax issues, particularly concerning transactions between connected persons such as in the case of family farming partnerships.
Ben’s focus is primarily on the provision of lifetime estate planning advice, and frequently to those with business interests; regularly preparing and advising on partnership agreements, wills, trust creation and administration, and Lasting Powers of Attorney. However, he has a broad knowledge of preparing wills in general and also in providing advice to families planning for the inheritance of their estate.
Ben sits on the committees for Peterborough Young Professionals and Spalding Young Professionals.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant