Mr John Flanagan > Rollits LLP > Hull, England > Lawyer Profile
Rollits LLP Offices
58 HIGH STREET
- Go to...
Mr John Flanagan
Partner, Hull specialising in mergers and acquisitions, banking law, advising in corporate recovery situations, and providing clients with company secretarial and governance advice. He also leads on corporate issues such as education sector mergers and acquisitions and conversion and establishment of single and multi-academy trusts.
Qualified: 2005; Joined Rollits: 2003; Partner: 2014
LLB Hons (Exempting) University of Northumbria at Newcastle (1998-2002)
Yorkshire and the Humber > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Hull and East Yorkshire(Leading individuals)
Rollits LLP‘s team counts public and privately-owned companies, SMEs and joint venture vehicles as clients. John Flanagan heads up the practice and frequently assists clients in the education sector including several multi-academy trusts. The group’s other areas of strength include handling food sector instructions (for which Julian Wild is a key name to note), and acting for social enterprises and family-owned businesses; Richard Field also handles matters in the charity sector. Nasim Sharf joined Wilkin Chapman LLP.
With a strong Yorkshire client base, Rollits LLP acts for some of the county’s largest colleges, multi-academy trusts, specialist providers, higher education bodies and private training providers. Caroline Hardcastle and John Flanagan jointly lead the department; Hardcastle handles contentious issues and Flanagan focuses on non-contentious transactions. Long-serving partner Tom Morrison left to join Stone King LLP at the beginning of 2019.
- Corporate and commercial: Hull and East Yorkshire - Yorkshire and the Humber > Corporate and commercial
- Leading individuals - Yorkshire and the Humber > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Hull and East Yorkshire
- Education - Yorkshire and the Humber > Public sector
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Hull and East Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Hull and East Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Hull and East Yorkshire
- Human resources > Employment: Hull and East Yorkshire
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Family: elsewhere in Yorkshire
- Real estate > Social housing
- Public sector > Education
- Real estate > Planning
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Construction
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Property litigation