Osborne Clarke > Milan, Italy > Firm Profile
Osborne Clarke Offices
CORSO DI PORTA VITTORIA, 9
Osborne Clarke > The Legal 500 RankingsOsborne Clarke's client portfolio includes Google, Facebook, Uber and Bytedance, among others. The firm’s advice is particularly sought after not only for its data privacy and protection expertise, but also its strength in the IT, media and digital space, all of which are areas where the firm excels at international level. The team's ‘profound understanding’ of the regulatory framework is yet another strength. Gianluigi Marino leads the team. Senior associate Marialaura Boni also provides additional support.
Other key lawyers:
‘In-depth knowledge of issues not strictly related to the consultancy in place, allowing us to also consider situations that were beyond the necessary competence, proceeding to formulate a much broader framework than required and above all much more comprehensive than every possible instance.’
‘The lawyers particularly distinguished themselves for their professionalism, their ability to listen and interpret situations, and their willingness to extend their advice and assessments to parties not expressly included in the contract.’
‘The team managed during the pandemic to be among the first firms to send clear indications in real time on the various rules that were communicated on Sunday evening, demonstrating high professionalism and readiness to urgent matters, thus helping the various companies to be reactive to new indications.’
‘Gianluigi Marino: deep knowledge of the subject, honesty, promptness and practicality in finding solutions to the most complex issues.’
‘Profound understanding of the regulatory framework along with the excellent understanding of the business issue at stake. They have a very quick response time without compromising quality. They have business acumen and provide pragmatic solutions that at the same time are legally solid.’
‘Marialaura Boni always proves to be a curious professional who is immersed in the business reality she is confronted with. This capacity for vision and proximity to the customer allows it to provide tailor-made consultancy.’
‘Osborne Clarke is a law firm known for the high quality of its legal services in the tech and data protection field and boasts qualified professionals who are always up-to-date on the issues of main interest at national and international level. Their continuous dialogue with colleagues in other jurisdictions, also through internal meetings and webinars open to customers, the tools they have designed to manage the most complex projects in a practical and efficient way make them strategic partners in the management of the most complicated legal issues. The billing methods have been agreed in an appropriate manner.’
‘Proactive professionals, always available and interested in knowing the details and technicalities that distinguish the reality in which our company operates, to provide the client with always complete and personalized assistance.’
Engie Italia S.p.A
Sony Music Entertainment Italy S.p.A
Mail Boxes Etc
Dplay Entertainment Ltd
Uber Technologies Inc. and Uber B.V
Facebook Ireland Ltd
ByteDance (UK) Limited – TikTok
Just Eat Takeaway.com
Mediobanca – Banca di Credito Finanziario S.p.A.
Binda Italia S.r.l.
Grifols Italia S.p.A
Mowi Italia S.r.l
- Advised Costim S.r.l. on the development of a smart city project, which offers an innovative new model of city living and home automation, making extensive use of cutting-edge digital technologies.
- Advising Satispay on GDPR compliance along with a review of its entire privacy structure in the light of the growth of the group and the services offered through the Satispay app.
- Assisting Havas Group with a range of data protection issues, including reviewing data processing agreements relating to the implementation of marketing initiatives.
Other key lawyers:
Marialaura Boni; Alessandra Corigliano
‘Marialaura Boni and Gianluigi Marino are very well-prepared with maximum availability and flexibility.’
‘The team works with a super professional, flexible and productive approach.’
‘Federico Ferrara, Marialaura Boni and Alessandra Corigliano are very knowledgeable, quick and creative in the field also with regard to the production of ad hoc contracts.’
‘MariaLaura Boni: prepared and available, extremely punctual in scheduled commitments and with consulting skills that extend beyond the specific issues to be addressed.’
‘Osborne Clarke’s team is always very helpful. Humility, competence and professionalism are always the keywords. The IP team also has direct experience in many business sectors and is very knowledgeable on the subject.’
‘Federico Ferrara: proactive and very operational in the field. Always prepared and available. Very effective in negotiations and especially in litigation. Alessandra Corigliano: young professional, but already of a high level. Very capable in ordinary advice and diligent in every request.’
‘The team boasts the presence of extremely qualified professionals, with a rare and very high degree of specialization in the areas of expertise.’
APA – Associazione Produttori Audiovisivi
Sony Music Entertainment Italy S.p.A
SM Publishing (Italy) S.r.l.
ENGIE (Stellantis Group)
Opera Co-Pro Ltd.
Grifols Italia S.p.A
Havas Milan S.r.l
PDU Music & Productions S.A. and Il Volatore Edizioni Musicali S.r.l.
Binda Italia S.r.l
- Advising Sony Music in a copyright lawsuit against Edizioni Musicali Acqua Azzurra and three other defendants, connected with alleged unlawful actions relating to the valuable catalogue of leading Italian singer-songwriter and composer, Lucio Battisti, which, our client claims, have jeopardised its ability to exploit its IP rights in these original recordings – a complex and highly important dispute since the case relates to the use in digital channels of tracks covered by old contracts that never anticipated this form of use.
- Advising APA, an Italian association that brings together 47 of the country’s leading independent television production companies, on a range of matters, including discussions with the Italian Ministry of Cultural Heritage Activities and Tourism over updating private copying levies, as well as representing it in connection with a potential infringement by a Belgian third party of APA’s registered EC trademark.
- Representing Opera Co-Pro, a UK company that commissions new operas and manages co-production projects, on a range of initiatives that have arisen through its online platform, including cross-border IP advice on its relations with performing arts companies, artists, composers and publishers.
WEX Europe Services
EML Payments (EU)
Framont & Partners Management
- Advising Maltese asset management company Framont & Partners on the regulatory issues involved in the creation of the Italian Hubble Capital Fund, a closed-end, multi-compartment alternative investment fund.
- Advising BrickUp, a new equity crowdfunding platform that allows investors access to prestige real estate projects, on various regulatory issues, including successfully obtaining authorisations from CONSOB.
- Advising Smartika on financial services compliance regulations involving sales of goods.
Other key lawyers:
‘Great for its solid solutions and the ability to understand the needs of clients’ business.‘
‘Maintains the right balance during discussions.‘
‘Extreme professional competence and maximum availability, as well as very competitive rates and tariff flexibility.‘
‘Great competence and knowledge of the energy sector, including the regulatory rules.‘
‘The firm has built up impressive experience, and has a multidisciplinary approach that is appreciated by judicial authorities.‘
‘Flexibility, fairness, and dedication to the client and its problems.‘
‘Giorgio Lezzi is very helpful and knowledgeable, as well as versatile.‘
‘Giovanni Penzo is very open to discussion and very competent.‘
Sicor Società Italiana Corticosteroidi
DIF Consulting Deutschland GmbH and Ampere Equity Fund
A2A Illuminazione Pubblica
ACSM-AGAM Reti Gas Acqua
Infrastrutture Recupero Energia Agenzia Regionale Ligure
Linea Group Holding
Municipality of Rozzano
- Assisted Engie EPS Italia (a leader in the e-mobility and energy storage sector) with a joint venture with FCA Italy.
- Advised Netherlands-based Ampere Project Holding 5 on the sale of a 10MW PV portfolio in Puglia to Ortigia Power 51.
- Acting for Costim on the Chorus Life Bergamo project, an innovative multi-functional smart district involving state-of-the-art digital technologies and fully powered by renewable energy sources.
‘The firm guides the client in a competent, timely and proactive manner.‘
‘The creation of dedicated teams was the strength that allowed us to be successful in several legal cases faced.‘
‘The specialisation and skills and knowledge of our company have been winning aspects of our collaboration.‘
‘The firm offers an excellent package so that clients can benefit from a complete and multidisciplinary consultancy service.‘
‘A team that is continuously available and attentive to clients.‘
‘Great for the stability of the professional figures who led us to numerous successes.‘
‘Senior associate Sabrina Maiello is a winning weapon in the administrative law field.‘
SDM Società Dietetica Medica
Sicor Societa’ Italiana Corticosteroidi
Dentsply Sirona Italia
Dentsply Sirona Group
- Advising Grifols Italia on a wide range of pharmaceuticals matters, including a research collaboration agreement with the University of Pavia, participation in public tenders, and new product launches.
- Acting for SDM, an Italian healthcare company, on consultancy matters, R&D, and a range of commercial issues.
Italy > Industry focus: TMT Tier 3Osborne Clarke‘s Italian TMT team has a solid reputation, especially in media, a sector in which the firm has niche expertise in a number of fields, including music and music copyright, advertising, social media marketing and video gaming. Practice head Gianluigi Marino is ‘always up to date with regulatory but also technological innovations’. Federico Ferrara, Alessandra Corigliano and Marialaura Boni are ‘excellent business partners.’
‘Highly skilled team, backed by consolidated experience in the technological sector. In this context, the department of media technology provides the highest quality legal assistance.’
‘Gianluigi Marino is a highly experienced professional who assists with great professionalism in many areas, including negotiation and drafting of commercial agreements with foreign subjects.’
‘Federico Ferrara is an extremely competent lawyer and attentive to the client’s needs, always available and promoter of interesting initiatives. Gianluigi Marino: great competence (especially in matters of wide economic scope and with international aspects) and availability.’
‘Gianluigi Marino is the reference partner for the activities commissioned to the firm. He is always up to date with regulatory but also technological innovations, available and punctual. Angelo Molinaro is very good, competent and scrupulous. Super patient and very passionate!’
‘The team works in a group with well-defined dynamics, clarity of language and a super professional, flexible and productive approach. Federico Ferrara, Alessandra Corigliano and Marialaura Boni are excellent business partners. Always reachable.’
‘Osborne Clarke is a reliable firm in the fields of new technology and privacy, with competitive fees. The team is made up of collaborators with very different experiences that allow an all-encompassing vision of the subject ranging from intellectual property, to copyright, to privacy and to the study always at the forefront of every aspect of the issues to be addressed.’
‘Federico Ferrara always pays great attention to his clients. Informed about current practices, he actively participates in every request. The team made up of Alessandra Corigliano and Marialaura Boni is prepared, loyal and proactive.’
‘Gianluigi Marino shows leadership throughout all matters, always providing strategic advice and providing comfort that the matter was in good hands. He uses connections to gain insights about what regulations and political changes may be coming down the road.’
Sony Music Entertainment Italy S.p.A / SM Publishing (Italy) S.r.l.
APA – Associazione Produttori Audiovisivi
Facebook Ireland Ltd
Integral Ad Science Inc.
Costim S.r.l. (Chorus Life S.p.A.)
Uber Inc. and Uber B.V.
Dplay Entertainment Ltd
Wireless Logic Ltd
PDU Music & Productions S.A.
Avanti Communication Limited / Avanti Broadband Limited
Havas Milan S.r.l.
Red Matter Limited
- Advising Chorus Life, an innovative, environmentally sustainable ‘smart city’ project taking shape in the heart of Bergamo, on issues connected with its bespoke, IT platform currently being jointly developed in partnership with Microsoft, Siemens and Gewiss SpA – including assisting with drafting IT and licensing contracts and shaping the data protection governance structure.
- Assisting Sony Music in a complex and legally significant claim against Edizioni Musicali Acqua Azzurra and three other defendants for damages resulting from their unlawful actions which, Sony claims, jeopardised its ability to exploit its rights in the original recordings of a series of tracks by Lucio Battisti – one of the most popular Italian singer-songwriters of the 1960s and 70s.
- Assisting UCI Cinemas, the leading operator of multiplexes in Italy, with its Covid 19 strategy, including the renegotiation of the terms of all of its leases, managing the return of five multiplexes let by the Giometti group, and handling the settlement of disputes, as well as assisting UCI Italia in preparing an innovative agreement with its employees that enables them to act as Brand Ambassadors for the Company through its social networks.
‘Great, specific expertise in the real estate field, availability, and focus on the client.‘
‘The firm manages to integrate different practices where necessary, thus providing a complete and satisfactory service.‘
‘The team’s strengths are business knowledge and pragmatism when proposing solutions.‘
‘There is an appreciable results-oriented approach.‘
‘A unique team that combines excellent knowledge of the law with a great ability to adapt to the more strictly commercial needs of our specific business.‘
‘Appreciated for the professionalism, competence and availability of Simone Monesi.‘
‘We are very happy to work with Simone Monesi and his team because the relationship is friendly and direct without ever sacrificing professionalism.‘
‘Sara Miglioli is outstanding.‘
Savills Investment Managers SGR
DeA Capital SGR
Milano Santa Giulia
ALER Milano – Azienda Lombarda Edilizia Residenziale
Municipality of Sanremo
- Assisted NewCold Cooperatief, a Netherlands-based operator of state-of-the-art, highly automated cold logistics warehouses, in relation to its first foray into the Italian market.
- Retained by Costim in connection with the implementation of Chorus Life Bergamo, an innovative smart district in Bergamo, which utilises state-of-the-art digital technologies and cutting-edge architectural design.
- Advised Savills Investment Management SGR on the sale of Palazzo Pitteri (a prestigious historic building dating back to the 1700s) in Trieste’s Piazza dell’Unità d’Italia, as well as an adjacent building in Via Pozzo del Mare.
‘The main quality, as well as an undoubted competence and experience, lies in the dedication and availability of the team, which is excellent.’
‘Maurizio Zonca demonstrates intelligence and competence in all circumstances.’
‘Competence and professionalism in the sector, excellent skills in drafting the texts of the agreements, availability and ability to negotiate and mediation, problem-solving mindset. Antonio Fugaldi is recommended.’
‘Highly professional team and quick feedback.’
‘The team is unique because it is made up of a set of professionals, which covers all the points of possible interest of a client, each with a specific specialization associated with a consistent experience in the subject of their own pertinence. The plurality of specialists also creates a synergistic interaction that allows the provision of high quality services.’
Aresistemi S.r.l. and Arescosmo S.p.A.
Cartiera di Momo S.p.A.
Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A
Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena S.p.A.
Rubinetterie Eurorama S.p.A.
Pasubio Sviluppo S.p.A.
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro S.p.A.
Banco Popolare Soc. Coop. (now Banco BPM S.p.A.)
Officine Meccaniche Gino Nerviani s.r.l.
The Organic Factory S.p.A.
BNP Paribas Leasing Solutions S.p.A
ICCREA Banca Impresa S.p.A.
Alba Leasing S.p.A
SG Leasing S.p.A.
- Advised Arescosmo S.p.A. and its subsidiary Aresistemi S.r.l. in connection with two separate but coordinated arrangements with creditors’ proceedings.
- Advising Cartiera di Momo S.p.A. on an application to enter into the ‘arrangement-with-creditors’, which has also involved the challenge of how to maintain factory operations during negotiations.
- Advised the financial creditors – a pool of banks including many of the largest institutions in Italy – in connection with the complex restructuring of the financial indebtedness of Valvosanitaria Bugatti S.p.A.
‘A highly reliable Italian banking practice that is widely respected for its expertise.‘
‘Implementation effectiveness, negotiation skills and technical preparation.‘
‘Pragmatic and effective.‘
‘Partner-led approach with an excellent understanding of the pan-European finance market.‘
‘Extremely commercial approach and always willing to go the extra mile.‘
‘Practical, business oriented, prepared and determined professionals.‘
‘Dynamic and prepared team with high levels of professionalism.‘
‘Andrea Pinto and Antonoi Fugaldi have the ability to listen and understand the needs of both clients and counterparties, which allows you to find a compromise position that is acceptable to all parties.‘
Cassa Depositi e Prestiti
Prelios Credit Servicing
Bayerische Landesbank (Milan Branch)
Sparkasse – Cassa di Risparmio di Bolzano
MPS Capital Services Banca per le Imprese
Intesa San Paolo
- Advising Cassa Depositi e Prestiti on a €50m financing granted to Raffineria di Milazzo to support new investments.
- Assisting Banco BPM (as lender, lead arranger and agent) with the financing of the acquisition of two healthcare facilities by Fondo Antirion AEsculapius, a closed-end, reserved alternative real estate mutual fund.
- Advising Bayerische Landesbank on a sizeable project finance facility provided to subsidiaries of Renfin, an international developer of run-of-river hydropower projects.
Giuliano Lanzavecchia; Riccardo Roversi
Other key lawyers:
Cristina Gabardi; Simone Monesi; Giovanni Penzo; Umberto Piattelli
‘Reliable extension to our team, understands our business and how to be creative.’
‘Riccardo Roversi has been tremendous in being our person on the ground, especially when travel was prohibited, helping us understand not just the legal issues but the commercial realities, working with us to craft pragmatic solutions.’
‘Umberto Piattelli and his team are extremely helpful. They also provide support with business assessments useful for decision making.’
‘Quick availability in examining the client’s dossier, quick feedback on feasibility, flexibility in evaluating options in the field, strong relational network.’
‘Extremely competent and helpful team, absolutely able to cover different areas of law and taxation and with solid international relations that allow you to better manage operations worldwide.’
‘Exceptional partner performance and availability. High aptitude for problem solving and provide an adequate solution to the issues presented.’
‘Giuliano Lanzavecchia: exceptional skills and absolute availability and flexibility. Practical and open minded approach.’
Unieco soc. Coop. in LCA
Engie EPS Italia S.r.l.
DIF Consulting Deutschland GmbH /Ampere Equity Fund B.V.
Conceria Pasubio S.p.A.
A-Gas International Ltd
Itelyum Regeneration S.r.l.
Limestone Capital AG
Linea Group Holding
A2A Energia S.p.A and A2A Ambiente S.p.A.
- Worked closely with Tel Aviv firm Erm and Kegler Brown (Columbus, Ohio) advising Italian multinational FAAC on a €135m transaction involving the acquisition of TIBA Parking Systems Group from Israeli private equity fund TENE Capital (part of Afcon group) and a series of minority shareholders.
- Advising Wireless Logic Ltd on its acquisition of 100% of the share capital in Things Mobile S.r.l, a global provider of IoT (Internet of Things) connectivity services.
- Advising Autotorino S.p.A. on a number of planned acquisitions of car dealerships across Italy as well as other corporate transactions.
Italy > Dispute resolution Tier 4Osborne Clarke‘s Italian litigation department stands out for the combination of quality litigation and boutique-like, local expertise with the reach and network of an international firm. Federico Banti leads the practice and is known for acting in all types of commercial disputes, including with cross-border aspects. Senior associate Francesco Berardi focuses on corporate and bankruptcy-related disputes. The team often works across different departments.
Other key lawyers:
‘Coverage of different areas of legal assistance, high professionalism and experience of lawyers, efficient back-office team.’
‘Francesco Berardi: always available, creative, and attentive to details. Federico Banti: leader with strong experience. Omneia Hassnien: attentive and scrupulous.’
‘Federico Banti is an excellent advocate with a clear and concise style. He is also a very effective cross-examiner in international arbitration proceedings.’
Sony Music Entertainment Italy S.p.A.
Hanes Group (Champion Europe S.r.l)
EMI General Music Publishing S.r.l, EMI Music Publishing Italia S.r.l and SM Publishing Italy S.r.l
Unieco Soc. Coop
Camera di Commercio di Milano (Milan Chamber of Commerce)
UCI Italia S.p.A
Health Italia S.p.A
Municipality of Rozzano
- Representing the liquidator of Unieco Soc. Coop. in connection with opposition proceedings filed by multiple creditors, including proceedings brought by 16 creditor banks totalling over €470 million – making this one of the largest pieces of litigation currently ongoing in Italy.
- Acting for Sony Music in its claim against Edizioni Musicali Acqua Azzurra and three other defendants for damages in a case that raises important and novel questions concerning the digital exploitation of older tracks covered by contracts signed decades ago before recent technological changes.
- Representing UCI Italia S.p.A. in proceedings brought by landlord ImmobiliarEuropea S.p.A. for the return of a multiplex cinema based in Cagliari, Sardinia, in which we successfully deployed force majeure arguments on behalf of our client in the context of restrictions arising as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Italy > Employment Tier 4Employment is a key area for Osborne Clarke, globally and in Italy. The department’s cross-border work is particularly appreciated, especially concerning restructurings for multinational clients. Recently, the firms was able to add UCI Cinemas, leading Italian banks and global entities, including Sony and Just Eat to its client portfolio. Practice head Stefano Lava ‘is excellent, authoritative and highly responsive’. Giuliana Caira ‘is very thorough and meticulous in her advice.’
Other key lawyers:
Cristina del Pezzo di Caianello; Giuliana Caira
‘Commitment, competence and reactivity, especially Cristina del Pezzo di Caianello.’
‘The firm is multidisciplinary, therefore it is able to offer 360-degree advice. In particular, the labour law department guarantees complete, timely and punctual support, aimed at resolving the issues submitted. Furthermore, the human-relational aspect of relations with the customer is always taken care of.’
‘Stefano Lava deserves special mention: a complete professional, skilled and always available, he guarantees continuous customer assistance while maintaining the level of service offered constantly high’.
‘Maximum willingness to compare and share ideas and strategies with an informal approach. In particular, Stefano Lava is an always available and collaborative point of reference.’
‘This firm can offer valid all-round support thanks to the fact that all professionals of the various disciplines are prepared, available and communicate with each other.’
‘The team is very joined up and responsive. They provide, clear, client-friendly advice and do not waste time/costs on finding “solutions” which are not possible under Italian law.’
‘Stefano Lava is excellent, very authoritative and responsive in his advice. Giuliana Caira is very thorough and meticulous in her advice.’
‘Great organizational skills of the work process. Absolute understanding of the customer’s problems combined with an extreme approach aimed at the result. You never get the impression that the firm wants to do what is best for the firm’s business, but what is best for the client. Great meeting management.’
Just Eat S.r.l (now Just Eat Takeaway.com)
CREDEM – Banca Credito Emiliano S.p.A Group / Banca Euromobiliare S.p.A
Sony / ATV Music Publishing
Tata Motors Ltd.
Brooks Sports S.r.l.
ENGIE EPS Italia S.r.l
Comune di Sanremo
UCI Italia S.p.A.
Grifols Italia S.p.A.
Cisalpina Tours S.p.A.
Lojack Italia S.r.l.
Quest Software Group
Antylia S.r.l (ex- Cole Parmer)
Open Text S.r.l.
SDM S.r.l (Kalamp Group)
Bluefield Services Limited
GetYourGuide Italy S.r.l.
Rotork Controls Ltd.
Lysander Associates Ltd.
Binda Italia S.r.l.
Integral Ad Science (IAS) / Admantx S.p.A.
Momentive Performance Materials Specialties s.r.l
Premier Research Group
- Advising Just-Eat, a global online food order and delivery services provider, on all its Italian employment law issues, and in particular the rules affecting the Italian gig economy in a case that has become known in the media as “Deliverygate”.
- Advising ENGIE EPS, the technological division of global utilities giant, ENGIE, on a variety of employment matters including in connection with its innovative new e-mobility business.
‘Great for the preparation and reliability of its lawyers, combined with high availability.‘
‘Superb competence and reliability.‘
‘Manages to adapt legal solutions to corporate realities in a balanced manner.‘
‘The team is very knowledgeable in competition law issues, both at Italian and European level, and combines deep theoretical knowledge with longstanding practical experience.‘
‘I very much appreciated their great sensitivity in finding pragmatic solutions.‘
‘In addition to the undisputed competence, I particularly appreciated the seriousness of Enrico Fabrizi, who always envisaged the real chances of success objectively, without being conditioned by the potential economic interests of the firm in carrying out certain actions.‘
‘Enrico Fabrizi is a professional with great flexibility, as well as considerable intellectual honesty.‘
‘Senior associates Valeria Veneziano and Angelo Molinaro are very good, dedicated lawyers.‘
APA – Associazione Produttori Audiovisivi
Credem – Credito Emiliano
CNS – Consorzio Nazionale Servizi
Grendi Trasporti Marittimi
- Acted for Pometon, a supplier of metal powders and granules, in relation to a so-called hybrid settlement case that involved appealing to the EU General Court, successfully persuading it to reduce a fine by 40%.
- Assisted CNS-Consorzio Nazionale Servizi with appealing a decision of the IAA, which related to a cartel investigation into the largest tender procedure ever issued by a public administration in the EU.
- Representing Watertech, an Italian manufacturer of water meters, in IAA proceedings involving an alleged cartel in public tenders issued by operators of integrated water services.
‘Osborne Clarke’s high-level practice ranges from acquisition finance to corporate finance, financial services and related regulatory issues.‘
‘Clients benefit from the department’s Italian banking law expertise in relation to LBOs, public bids and takeovers.‘
‘Boasts a robust project finance group.‘
‘Young and prepared team that is able to adapt its professionalism to different situations, thus grasping the needs of its clients.‘
‘Great approach and great flexibility. It not only covers Italian law, but thanks to its offices in Germany it also advises on German law, which is important for us as a German company that is active in Italy.‘
‘Andrea Pinto is a highly experienced professional with great ability to communicate and negotiate.‘
‘Antonio Fugaldi is a respected banking and finance expert.‘
‘Antonio Fugaldi: competence, dedication and professionalism.‘
- Assisting Italy’s AKNO Group with short-term debt renegotiations.
- Advised Lapi Group on the grant of a loan to refinance part of its existing debt, as well as to provide short-term working capital and cash for investments.
- Advising Nodus on a range of financing issues in relation to the transfer of its overall financial debt from UBI Banca to Illimity Bank.
Osborne Clarke > Firm Profile
The firm: Osborne Clarke is a fast-growing international legal practice, with more than 800 lawyers working across Europe, Asia and the US. The team offers a high-quality joined-up service for multi-jurisdiction work, focused on getting commercial results for the client. Osborne Clarke’s legal expertise is underpinned by its in-depth knowledge of seven key industry sectors: digital business; energy and utilities; financial services; life sciences and healthcare; real estate and infrastructure; retail; and transport and automotive. For businesses in these sectors, Osborne Clarke not only offers a full range of legal services, but uses its sector knowledge to provide insights that help clients take effective action at the right time.
Osborne Clarke is recognised for its unstuffy culture, which means that clients experience strong relationships and a consistently approachable, easy-to-understand style no matter where they are based.
Osborne Clarke’s four Italian offices, in Milan, Rome, Brescia and Padua, offer clients expert advice on all business issues, including transactions, litigation, employment and tax. The team has a deep understanding of a range of industry sectors, including digital business, energy and utilities, life sciences, retail and transport and automotive. Osborne Clarke is recognised as a leading adviser to the Italian renewable energy sector.
Areas of practice: Osborne Clarke delivers a full range of legal services in the context of clients’ industry sectors, with a particular focus on digital business, energy and utilities, financial services, life sciences and healthcare, real estate and infrastructure, retail, and transport and automotive.
Commercial: the team advises clients on the contracts that underpin their business as well as day-to-day issues, from outsourcing, expanding sales networks, IP, procuring goods and services to checking advertising compliance.
Competition and antitrust: the team covers every aspect of competition law for corporate clients across different industrial sectors. Services include compliance programmes, audits, antitrust proceedings and notifications of concentration to the national authority and the European Commission. It also advises on consumer protection matters, misleading advertising as well as in regulatory issues (particularly in the audiovisual and energy sectors).
Corporate: Osborne Clarke advises at every stage of company development across all corporate issues, from equity and debt fundraisings, to M&A, IPOs and JVs. OC also advises on the establishment of compliant and efficient governance structures.
Dispute resolution: Osborne Clarke’s disputes team resolves complex, high-value disputes across a wide range of jurisdictions. Services include early-stage strategic input, representing clients in court proceedings, international arbitration, mediations and regulatory investigations.
Employment: practical, day-to-day support covers the full range of employment issues from recruitment and employee incentive schemes to dismissal, risk management and reputational issues. The team is an acknowledged leader in defending employers on high-profile litigation claims, TUPE and reorganisation issues.
Financing and lending: Osborne Clarke provides a specialist service for banks, lenders, businesses and sponsors, advising across the range of finance options, from debt financing to equity fundraisings and crowdfunding. The team delivers high-quality risk management in a commercially appropriate way.
Restructuring and insolvency: whether it’s tax debt restructurings, insolvency proceedings or dispute resolution, the team works with banks and businesses in financial difficulty to, where possible, rescue businesses by maximising realisations for stakeholders while also mitigating risk.
Tax: Osborne Clarke’s pan-European team of tax specialists resolves taxation issues and finds tax solutions for transactions and other company and group structuring. Their aim is to make sure that clients only pay their fair share of tax.
|Finance and lending||Andrea Pinto|
|Tech, Media & Comms||Gianluigi Marino|
|Energy and utilities||Riccardo Roversi|
|Financial services||Umberto Piattelli|
|Competition and antitrust||Enrico Fabrizi|
|Life sciences and healthcare||Maria Grazia Medici|
|Dispute resolution||Federico Banti|
|Real estate||Simone Monesi|
|Intellectual property||Federico M Ferrara|
|Restructuring and insolvency||Filippo Canepa|
|Federico Banti||Please see full biography at: http://www.osborneclarke.com/lawyers/banti-federico/||View Profile|
|Filippo Canepa||Please see full biography at: http://www.osborneclarke.com/lawyers/canepa-filippo/||View Profile|
|Enrico Fabrizi||Please see full biography at: http://www.osborneclarke.com/lawyers/fabrizi-enrico/||View Profile|
|Federico M Ferrara||Please see full biography at: http://www.osborneclarke.com/lawyers/ferrara-federico/||View Profile|
|Stefano Guerreschi||Please see full biography at: http://www.osborneclarke.com/lawyers/guerreschi-stefano/||View Profile|
|Marco Lanzani||Please see full biography at: http://www.osborneclarke.com/lawyers/lanzani-marco/||View Profile|
|Giuliano Lanzavecchia||Please see full biography at http://www.osborneclarke.com/lawyers/giuliano-lanzavecchia/||View Profile|
|Sara Miglioli||Please see full biography at: http://www.osborneclarke.com/lawyers/miglioli-sara/||View Profile|
|Simone Monesi||Please see full biography at: http://www.osborneclarke.com/lawyers/monesi-simone/||View Profile|
|Giovanni Penzo||Please see full biography at: http://www.osborneclarke.com/lawyers/penzo-giovanni/||View Profile|
|Umberto Piattelli||Please see full biography at: http://www.osborneclarke.com/lawyers/piattelli-umberto/||View Profile|
|Andrea Pinto||Please see full biography at http://www.osborneclarke.com/lawyers/andrea-pinto/||View Profile|
|Riccardo Roversi||Please see full biography at: http://www.osborneclarke.com/lawyers/roversi-riccardo/||View Profile|
|Edoardo Tedeschi||Please see full biography at: http://www.osborneclarke.com/lawyers/tedeschi-edoardo/||View Profile|
Staff FiguresNumber of lawyers : 800+
LanguagesDutch English French German Italian Spanish
OtherOther offices : Amsterdam Other offices : Barcelona Other offices : Berlin Other offices : Brescia Other offices : Bristol Other offices : Brussels Other offices : Busto Arsizio Other offices : Cologne Other offices : Hamburg Other offices : Hong Kong Other offices : London Other offices : Madrid Other offices : Munich Other offices : New York Other offices : Padua Other offices : Paris Other offices : Rome Other offices : San Francisco Other offices : Silicon Valley Other offices : Thames Valley Other offices : Zaragoza
Osborne Clarke is a recommended firm in the Green Guide EMEA 2022. Learn more about this recognition.
- Banking and finance: Bank regulatory
- Industry focus: Energy
- Industry focus: Healthcare and life sciences
- Industry focus: TMT
- Real estate and construction
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- EU and competition law