Mayra C. Artiles > Estrella LLC > San Juan, Puerto Rico > Lawyer Profile
Estrella LLC Offices
150 TETUAN STREET
OLD SAN JUAN
- Go to...
Mayra C. Artiles
Corporate and Commercial / Business Immigration
Corporate & Commercial Attorney
Mayra Cristina Artiles Fonseca obtained a B.S. in Business Administration (Magna Cum Laude) with a major in Marketing in 2010 and a Juris Doctor (Magna Cum Laude) in 2014 from the University of Puerto Rico. In 2013, she also obtained a certification from the International and European Legal Studies Program (Cum Laude) from the University of Antwerp in Belgium.
In 2012, while in Law School, she participated in our Summer Associates Program. She worked in the founding Editorial Council of the International Law Publication, Pangea. In 2012 and 2014 she represented the University of Puerto Rico in the international rounds of the Phillip C. Jessup Moot Court Competition, held in Washington D.C. On her last year, she practiced in the Law School’s Immigration Law Clinic. Upon taking the bar, she worked as a litigation associate in the law firm of Guzmán & Rodríguez-López until joining our firm in 2015.
She is also an Adjunct Professor at the University of Puerto Rico, School of Law, where she teaches a practice course in international law litigation, coaching the Phillip C. Jessup Competition Team and co-mentors the Immigration Services and Orientation Pro Bono student program.
Upon joining Estrella, LLC, Mayra has developed an active litigation practice, where she represents Retail and Energy industry clients. She also counsels in corporate and commercial matters, including Business Immigration. Mayra leads our Business Immigration Practice.
- Supreme Court Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, February 2015
- Notary Public in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, March 2015
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, November 2015
- United States District Court for the District of Puerto Rico, April 2016
Spanish & English
- Colegio de Abogados de Puerto Rico- Member of Immigration Commission
- Federal Bar Association – International Law Section, Young Lawyers Division, Immigration Law Section
- American Bar Association – International Law Section, Young Lawyers Division
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- University of Puerto Rico School of Law / JD / 2014/ Magna Cum Laude
- University of Antwerp, Belgium / IELSP / 2013 / Cum Laude
- University of Puerto Rico / BS Business Administration in Marketing / 2010 / Magna Cum Laude
- King’s College London / LL.M. in International Corporate and Commercial Law / 2021 / with Merits