Christoph Rechsteiner > MME Legal | Tax | Compliance > Zurich, Switzerland > Lawyer Profile
MME Legal | Tax | Compliance Offices
PO BOX 1758
- Go to...
- Domestic and international corporate tax law
- International tax planning, with focus on value chain management (VCM), IP and financing
- Relocations, migrations and transfers of assets and functions inbound as well as outbound
- Negotiation of advance tax rulings with cantonal and federal tax authorities
- Appeal proceedings and representation in complex tax audits
- Acquisitions and restructurings of privately held and publicly listed companies (M&A, due diligence, integration, contractual clauses, succession planning)
- Real estate companies, real estate transactions as well as asset swaps (capital gain tax, real estate transfer tax)
- Advice for business owners, family offices and high networth individuals (HNI) in tax matters
- Assistance of employers and employees with regard to international assignments and tax assessment of employee stock option plans
- Estate and gift tax planning
- Year-end tax planning from a tax point of view and calculation of the tax provisions according to IFRS and local GAAP (current and deferred taxes)
- Tax compliance (tax returns, monitoring of deadlines, documentation requirements)
Christoph Rechsteiner has over 25 years of experience in providing tax advice to individuals, medium-sized companies, their owners and family offices.
He also assists employers and employees with cross-border assignments, drafting of employee stock ownership plans, expense and home office regulations, and withholding taxes.
His expertise covers all key areas of taxation for individuals, including tax-optimized real estate investments, family business succession, estate planning, foundation and trust structures, lump-sum taxation and wealth planning.
Christoph Rechsteiner is an experienced negotiator of rulings and tax revisions. He regularly lectures and publishes on current tax topics.
- Swiss Branch International Fiscal Association (IFA)
- Certified tax expert
- Certified Fiduciary (Treuhänder mit eidg. Fachausweis
Balz Hösly, Christoph Nater, Alexandra Geiger and Christoph Rechsteiner jointly lead the private client practice at MME Legal | Tax | Compliance, bringing together their expertise in mediation, real estate matters, tax law and inheritance law to provide private clients with a variety of legal and compliance advice. Further areas of expertise for the practice include handling cross-border estate planning and family business issues, and real estate matters with a construction aspect.