Jonathan Walsh > Capital Law Limited > Cardiff, Wales > Lawyer Profile
Capital Law Limited Offices
- Go to...
Employment and Immigration
Jonathan is a Senior Associate in our Employment and Immigration team, experienced in advising on all aspects of employment law.
Prior to joining Capital Law, Jonathan trained and practiced at a specialist, niche education law firm. During this time Jonathan specialised in education law and civil litigation, regularly representing clients in the civil courts, and Special Education Needs and Employment Tribunals.
Having brought this experience to Capital Law, Jonathan specialises in employment tribunal litigation and discrimination law, both in the private and public sector. Jonathan is often instructed in relation to complex and high profile employment tribunal claims, representing both claimants and respondents.
Jonathan advises clients throughout the education sector, from foundation phase through to higher education. He represents clients on both sides of the fence, from schools and universities to individual teachers and school staff. Jonathan is currently supporting and advising schools on the significant changes to the additional learning needs system in Wales.
He is regularly instructed by high profile individuals to negotiate and co-ordinate exit from both private and public organisations ranging from local authorities to FTSE 100 companies.
Jonathan delivers training to clients both on general employment law and tailored training on specific issues. He also participates in pro-bono advice clinics, in Cardiff, assisting those seeking advice both as employees and employers.
A fluent Welsh speaker, he is happy to accept and provide in advice in Welsh.
- Senior Associate, Capital Law Limited (Nov 2021 – present)
- Associate, Capital Law (Nov 2018 – Nov 2021)
- Solicitor, Capital Law (Sept 2015 – Nov 2018)
- Solicitor, Sinclairslaw (Nov 2014 – Sept 2015)
- Trainee Solicitor, Sinclairslaw (Sept 2012 – Oct 2014)
The Law Society of England and Wales
Employment Lawyers’ Association
- Cardiff University: LPC (2011 -2012)
- University of Leicester: Bachelor of Law, LLB (2007 – 2010)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Corporate and commercial
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Recommended Firms
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Real estate > Social housing