Andy Lilley > JMW Solicitors LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
JMW Solicitors LLP Offices
1 BYROM PLACE
- Go to...
Catastrophic Injury / Industrial disease.
Andy is a Trustee of Headway Preston and Chorley and runs a caseload of challenging brain and spinal injury cases. He has won his client’s damages over £20 million in cases transferred to him form other solicitors as ‘problem cases’. He is committed to ensuring that his clients receive the very best early rehabilitation and support and obtain the maximum possible settlement. He works closely with the Child Brain Injury Trust and is the firm’s appointed representative for Headway and the Spinal Injuries Association.
Andy is also head of the industrial disease team and is responsible for marketing, supervision and training. He has run a number of ground-breaking mesothelioma and asbestos disease cases. These have included a reported High Court decision clarifying the position regarding disposal of tissue samples in a lung cancer/asbestosis case and settling a case after trial but before judgment was given which extended the scope of Chandler v Cape to visitors and obtained compensation for low level exposure between 1958 and 1960
Qualified 1994; JMW Solicitors 1999 to date, partner 2004.
Liverpool University LLB (Hons)
Married, father of three; once keen runner, slower by the year.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general crime and fraud
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Construction