Marc Yaffe > JMW Solicitors LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
JMW Solicitors LLP Offices
1 BYROM PLACE
- Go to...
Until May 2021, Marc was the Head of Commercial Litigation at JMW managing a dynamic and multi award-winning department of 60 people, making it one of the largest litigation teams in the North West.
From May 2021 , Marc was promoted into the Central Management function at JMW and now works alongside both the Managing Partner and Senior Partner as the Head of Business Development.
Marc remains very client focussed and his client base permeates a number of industries, including sport, media, and online retailing. His client base included the likes of eBay, PayPal and the Hut Group as well as many other successful entrepreneurs and sports stars.
Marc’s current role involves helping others within the firm develop their personal profile by using their own networks to develop business relationships and cross-sell opportunities to other areas of the firm. Marc is hugely passionate about Business Development and has introduced a number of products, tools and techniques to both Partners and junior fee earners to help them progress.
Particular products include “Barn Door” – a platform that connects Sports stars to businesses to help them prepare for life beyond sport, and “The Inside Man” JMW’s very own news channel that posts topical videos and creative content via social media.
Qualified 2004; partner JMW Solicitors 2012 to date.
Manchester Grammar School; Birmingham University.
JMW Solicitors LLP‘s sweet spot lies in acting for listed and unlisted plcs, SMEs and high-net-worth individuals in a range of commercial disputes; it also has an impressive reputation in sports sector disputes, with practice head Marc Yaffe a key name for high-profile individuals and companies in this space. The team is increasingly recognised for acting for claimants in data protection group actions. Other areas of expertise include corporate disputes (which are a focus for Steve Morris and Michael Kennedy), professional negligence and contentious construction matters, which are among Mark Jones‘ specialisms, and public law and judicial review proceedings, for which Oliver Wright is a name to note. The ‘commercially astute‘ Graham Small is highlighted for his breadth of commercial, insolvency and fraud disputes experience, while Claire Brown‘s expertise includes contractual and professional negligence issues.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Construction
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant