Katharine Danks > Howes Percival LLP > Norwich, England > Lawyer Profile
Howes Percival LLP Offices
1 BEDDING LANE
- Go to...
Agriculture and Estates
Katharine is a Fellow of the Agricultural Law Association which recognises her detailed knowledge of various aspects of agricultural and rural issues including trusts, taxation, land law, agricultural holdings, Town and Country Planning and the Common Agricultural Policy. Katharine has experience in acting for landowners, landlords, tenants and lenders in respect of agricultural property matters including agricultural holdings act advice, farm business tenancies, acquisitions and disposals (including overage, options and other strategic land agreements) and secured lending on agricultural land and entitlements.
Katharine has led complex matters for agricultural clients involving agricultural and rural property, tax and trusts issues.
Katharine trained at Eversheds LLP and qualified into the Real Estate Development team in 2006. Post-qualification Katharine gained over three years’ experience at Eversheds dealing with a range of property matters, from complex promotion and option agreements to deeds of easement and reports on title. Katharine joined Howes Percival LLP in January 2014.
- 2019 – Present: Howes Percival LLP, Partner
- 2017 – 2019: Howes Percival LLP, Director
- 2015 – 2017: Howes Percival LLP, Associate
- 2014 – 2015: Howes Percival LLP, Solicitor
- 2006 – 2011: Eversheds, Solicitor
- 2004 – 2006: Eversheds, Trainee Solicitor
The Norwich office of Howes Percival LLP is a key hub for the firm’s cross-office banking and finance practice, and it works closely with teams in Leicester, Northampton, Cambridge and Milton Keynes to advise a strong roster of clients, among them HSBC, Lloyds Bank and Handelsbanken. As well as banks, the firm also acts for corporate funders and private clients and property investors. Practice head Joanna Nicholls is a specialist in real estate finance, as is head of real estate Tessa Haskey, who frequently acts for private lenders in relation to property security. So, too, do property partners Steven Beach and Michaela Henson in Cambridge. Norwich-based agricultural law partner Katharine Danks advises landowners, landlords, tenants and lenders on secured lending transactions.
Howes Percival LLP has a broad practice that advises on farm and estate sales, environmental schemes, tenancies and tax structuring, though its forte is trusts and estate matters. Practice head Catherine Scott leads a four-partner group in Norwich, in which private client partner Stuart Maggs provides strategic advice for families and trusts on their business and personal matters, including preparing wills, estate planning, trusts, powers of attorney. Katharine Danks is a Fellow of the Agricultural Law Association and advises on a range of matters including trusts, taxation, land law, agricultural holdings, Town and Country Planning and the Common Agricultural Policy.
- Next Generation Partners - East Anglia > Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Agriculture and estates - East Anglia > Private client
- Banking and finance - East Anglia > Finance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Real estate > Commercial property: Norwich
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Norwich
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Norwich
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Norwich
- Employment > Employment
- Employment > Health and safety
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family