Michaela Henson > Howes Percival LLP > Cambridge, England > Lawyer Profile
Howes Percival LLP Offices
13/15 HILLS ROAD
- Go to...
Michaela’s specialisms are land development and promotion, commercial development and site assembly, property investment, landlord and tenant negotiations and advising on commercial property issues for investors, operational businesses, technology companies and charities nationwide.
Michaela started her career at a West End law firm before returning to Cambridge in 1998
2015 Howes Percival LLP Partner Cambridge
2000-2015 Taylor Vinters LLP Partner Cambridge (head of real estate 2005-2013)
1998-2000 Taylor Vinters LLP Associate
1993-1998 Baileys Shaw and Gillett London
1991-1992 Chester College of Law
1988-1991 Law Degree Cambridge University
Howes Percival LLP has a growing education and healthcare practice that advises on corporate, employment, insolvency, property, construction, commercial contract and data protection matters. In Norwich, insolvency specialist Morris Peacock and new hire from Browne Jacobson LLP, Oliver Pritchard, who has a national reputation in healthcare matters, are key partners. Up-and-coming name Nicola Curle frequently acts for FE institutions in surplus land disposals and development projects including new student accommodation developments. In Cambridge, Michaela Henson is a leading adviser on commercial developments and site assembly work, Simon Murphy handles contentious property issues for Cambridge University, and Steven Beach advises on investment property transactions.
Howes Percival LLP provides ‘personal, friendly service and professional, pragmatic advice‘. The firm has a broad practice that encompasses major residential development projects, commercial developments, property investment portfolio management, property finance, and leases and acquisitions in key sectors such as energy, leisure and tourism. Michaela Henson and Jonathan Greenhalgh lead the Cambridge property team, supported by experienced partner Steven Beach. Legal director Elizabeth Thomas is praised for her ‘enthusiasm, tenacity and professionalism‘ in landlord and tenant matters.
The Norwich and Cambridge offices of Howes Percival LLP offer in-depth knowledge of property transactions, development projects, regulatory matters and property litigation. Lead partner Simon Murphy in Cambridge handles contentious property issues encompassing residential, commercial and agricultural land. He works closely with property development partner Michaela Henson, who has long experience in acting for RPs, and senior associate Scott Smith, who has expertise in leasehold, transfer of engagements and shared ownership matters.
- Leading individuals - East Anglia > Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Commercial property: Cambridge - East Anglia > Real estate
- Public sector - East Anglia > Public sector
- Social housing - East Anglia > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Real estate > Commercial property: Norwich
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Norwich
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Norwich
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Norwich
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Employment > Health and safety
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- Real estate > Construction