Elizabeth Smith > Howard Kennedy LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Howard Kennedy LLP Offices
NO.1 LONDON BRIDGE
- Go to...
Elizabeth Smith specialises in personal injury and clinical negligence, with particular experience in the field of employers’ liability injuries.
Elizabeth is a solicitor advising on all types of work-related injury, however, she has particular expertise in work-related upper limb disorders, manual handling claims and stress at work cases.
She acts for trade union members and professional associations, with extensive expertise supporting employees of the NHS, radiographers, nurses, health visitors, and actors, dancers and stunt performers in films.
Recently her list of clients has diversified and includes an A-List film actor, a high-rated personal assistant to a multi-millionaire, an undercover reporter, a commodities broker, a veterinary specialist, and a paediatrician all of whom have suffered work-related stress injury. These are demanding, high profile cases.
Elizabeth undertakes much of her own advocacy work in the Lower Courts and works closely with a team of experienced barristers who understand the nature of her work when representing clients through the litigation process.
Any injury in the workplace causes emotional stress, as well as, physical disability. Elizabeth supports her clients by recognising this and always making herself available. She looks to avoid full-blown litigation by finding creative ways to resolve a situation and reaching settlement.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Art and cultural property
- Public sector > Civil liberties and human rights
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Private prosecutions
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Industry focus > Hospitality and leisure
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Private client > Family
- Real estate > Planning
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Employment > Employers
- Real estate > Property finance
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport