Pirkka- Marja Põldvere > LEADELL Pilv > Tallinn, Estonia > Lawyer Profile
LEADELL Pilv Offices
Maakri 19/1, pk 19
- Go to...
Pirkka- Marja Põldvere
Being a partner at LEADELL Pilv Law Office, Pirkka-Marja Põldvere’s main fields of practice are dispute resolution, corporate law and general commercial counselling. She is also advising clients on various other legal issues, i.a. contract law, employment, construction, defamation and environmental law. Since graduating the International Commercial Arbitration Law (ICAL) master programme from Stockholm University (2004), one of her key interests has been arbitration. She is regularly participating in (international) arbitration proceedings (both as counsel and as arbitrator). As of 2019 she has been appointed to the Board of Arbitration Court of the Estonian Chamber of Commerce. The Republic of Estonia has designated her to serve on the Panel of Arbitrators maintained by the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes – ICSID (2017-2023). Pirkka-Marja Põldvere is a member of the corporate law committee of the Estonian Bar Association. Over the years she has often written and lectured on arbitration and corporate law, as well as contributed to related legislative processes.
- 2008 – to date LEADELL Pilv Law Office, Partner (since 2012)
- 2019 – Vice-Chairman of the Council of the Court of Arbitration of the Estonian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- 2009 – 2010 University of Tartu, Lecturer of “Practical course on arbitration and other ADR methods”
- 2002 – 2008 Law Office Raidla & Partnerid (Law Office Raidla Leijins Norcous; RoschierRaidla), Attorney (since 2008)
- 2006 – 2007 University of Tartu, Lecturer of Private International Law (arbitration and international civil court proceedings)
- 2004 University of Stockholm, Degree of Master of Laws in International Commercial Arbitration Law (Juris magisterexamen i internationell kommersiell skiljemannarätt) (LL.M.)
- 2002University of Tartu, Faculty of Law (BA)
- 1999 – 2000 West Virginia University, the College of Law (USA; exchange student)
LEADELL Pilv advises clients on a range of corporate issues, bringing its litigation experience to bear in contentious issues such as shareholder relations, management obligations, and competition, alongside advising on corporate governance, restructuring, and public procurement. Pirkka-Marja Põldvere leads the practice, providing key services regarding shareholder and management concerns. The group’s broad offering is demonstrated by its advice to Holostovi Kinnisvarahaldus, which includes handling day-to-day legal matters, as well as assisting with the sale of a majority share in Wris AS.
LEADELL Pilv represents clients in real estate and construction-related disputes, including breach of contract, access to land and transactional cases. The team is led by the ‘extremely committed‘ Merilin Ojasaar and Pirkka-Marja Põldvere, both experienced litigators and transactional advisers. The team also provides advice to clients on day-to-day considerations, rental contracts and infrastructure acquisitions. Britta Oltjer is now with Cuesta Law Office.
LEADELL Pilv has a strong track record handling white-collar criminal defence cases, where it is sought out by several high-profile clients of significant public interest. Practice co-head Aivar Pilv is recognised as one of Estonia’s top disputes lawyers, and is ‘an outstanding performer in court’ who is active in civil, administrative, and criminal law cases. Fellow co-head Pirkka-Marja Põldvere is also well-regarded across the disputes field. The firm has defended multiple individuals accused of corruption, most notably Alexander Kofkin, implicated in the bribery allegations against former Tallinn Mayor Edgar Savisaar.