Mr Michael Patchett Joyce > Al Alawi & Co. Advocates & Legal Consultants > Muscat, Oman > Lawyer Profile
Al Alawi & Co. Advocates & Legal Consultants Offices
AL ALAWI LAW FIRM BUILDING, BUILDING NO 785, WAY NO2708, QURUM 29
PO BOX 3746, PC 112
- Go to...
Mr Michael Patchett Joyce
Litigation, International Commercial Arbitration
Michael Patchett-Joyce specialized in advocacy and advice relating to general commercial litigation, civil/commercial fraud, and VAT and EU law. He is instructed in case requiring detailed legal research and analysis, and has ability to master complex factual situations.
Michael Patchett-Joyce has also expertise in commercial litigation, International and domestic supply contract, Indirect tax litigation, especially civil aspects of alleged missing trader(MTIC) VAT fraud, International commercial arbitration, EU law including Article 267 TFEU Reference to the CJEU(European Court of Justice), Judicial review challenges to Government department (especially, UK’s HMRC), Commercial application of competition law, Construction and other infrastructure litigation, Professional negligence claims(surveyors, solicitors, accountants and auditors).
Micael has extensive practitioner and academic law contacts across Europe; in Qatar, UAE (Abu Dhubai and Dubai), Bahrain and Oman; and also in the US (New York and Washington DC in particular). He co-chaired a conference session on Islamic finance at the IBA Conference (Dubai, November 2011) and moderated and IBA Conference on Islamic Banking and Finance (Dubai, November 2010). In April 2013 he was invited to speak by the European Parliament at a hearing on Reform of the Court of Justice of the European Union, organized by the Committee on Legal Affairs. The topic of his presentation was Access to court documents, and access to justice.
- Fellow (FCIArb) of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Advocate, DIFC (Dubai International Financial Centre) Court, Part II – personal advocates accreditation
- Served as Co-chair Bar Council of England & Wales European Committee
- Served as Member, and Vice-Chair, Bar Council of England & Wales International Committee
- Served as Bar Council of England & Wales representative on European Contract Law initiative (now Common European Sales Law), 2002-2012
- Member, COMBAR (Commercial Bar Association)
- Member, European Law Institute (ELI)
- Member, IBA (International Bar Association)
Post graduate diploma in International Dispute Resolution (Arbitration) from Queen Mary, University of London