Dr Jur Markus Junker > Heussen Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH > Munich, Germany > Lawyer Profile
Heussen Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH Offices
BRIENNER STRASSE 9
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
Dr Jur Markus Junker
IT, IP & Media Law / Distribution, Antitrust and Competition law
Main areas of activity:
– IT Law
– Competition, trademark and copyright Law
– Commercial and distribution Law
Dr. Junker has been a commercial lawyer focussing on IT and media law at the Munich office of our law firm and a member of the practice groups “Commercial & Competition” and “IT, IP and Media” since 2002. He specializes both on transactions and contract drafting as well as litigation, such as the efficient handling of interim relief proceedings and complex court cases. He is a co-author, inter alia, of a commentary on the German Civil Code and regularly publishes articles in law journals. The focus of his activities is on IT law, Competition, trademark and intellectual property and on Commercial and distribution law.
From 1998 – 2002 he was a research assistant at the Institute for Legal Informatics at Saarland University under Prof. Dr. Herberger and Prof. Dr. Rüßmann; lecturer at the Europa-Institut of Saarland University
Dr. Junker is listed as a lawyer and/or with the practice group at Legal 500 (D, EMEA), Chambers and Juve. He is mentioned amongst “Germany’s best lawyers” at Best Lawyers / Handelsblatt for IT law.
– German Society for Law and Informatics (DGRI)
– Information Technology Working Group of the German Bar Association (DAVIT)
– German IT Court Day e.V.
– German Association for the Protection of Industrial Property and Copyright
– Latin America Association e.V. – Economic Association for Latin America (LAV)
2000: Doctoral thesis “Applicable law and international jurisdiction for copyright infringements on the Internet (s.c.l.); stay abroad in Boston (USA)
1998 – 2000: legal clerkship in the district of the Saarland Higher Regional Court, including work in a law firm in San Francisco (USA)
1992 – 1997: Study of law at the University of the Saarland
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Public procurement
- Real estate and construction > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Information technology > Information technology and digitalisation
- Private clients and non-profits
- Real estate and construction > Real estate
- Corporate and M&A > Corporate
- Media > Entertainment