Eilidh G Adams > Gillespie Macandrew LLP > Perth, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Gillespie Macandrew LLP Offices
- Go to...
Eilidh G Adams
Legal Director in the firm’s Private Client team specialising in tax and estate planning for individuals, families and trusts. Advises on lifetime and post death tax planning, Will drafting, trust and executry administration and asset protection. Also advises on Powers of Attorney and Living Wills.
2006 – 2014: Turcan Connell Group, Edinburgh
2014 – present: Gillespie Macandrew LLP, Perth
Member of the Association of Taxation Technicians; Student Member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
University of Aberdeen (2001 – 2006: LLB (Hons): Dip LP)
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Gillespie Macandrew LLP‘s practice has a strong focus on advising family partnerships in the rural and land sector on complex legal rights claims and the duties and rights of liferents of such trusts. The practice is also known for its work on the interpretation of wills on behalf of beneficiaries, and handling complex tax issues concerning inheritance tax, agricultural property relief and business property relief. Eilidh G Adams has a niche handling estates with foreign elements, such as the application of the EU Succession Regulation, and advising on the impact of marriage and divorce on the revocation of foreign wills.
Gillespie Macandrew LLP ‘s ‘highly personable team‘ team acts for trustees, executors and beneficiaries, with a focus on advising clients on business property relief, agricultural property relief and estate planning. Outside of these core areas the firm has a commitment to the Adults with Incapacity (Scotland) Act, and arising issues concerning guardianship and powers of attorney: Elspeth Paget is financial guardian for several clients and has particular expertise on powers of attorney and guardianships in the context of estate planning. Eilidh G Adams is a specialist on the UK France Double Tax Treaty on Inheritance Tax and the impact of the EU Succession Regulation.
- Contentious trusts and probate - Scotland > Private client
- Next Generation Partners - Scotland > Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Personal tax, trusts and executries - Scotland > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation