Amy McDowell > Gillespie Macandrew LLP > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Gillespie Macandrew LLP Offices
5 ATHOLL CRESCENT
- Go to...
Energy, Natural Resources & Strategic Land
Partner in the Energy, Natural Resources and Strategic Land team. Amy acts on behalf of landowners, developers, funders and other third parties in new and ongoing renewable energy developments and in secondary market renewable energy transactions. She also acts in various strategic land developments including a number of large scale residential and mixed use developments across Scotland. Amy has particular experience assisting clients who are developing projects on land subject to crofting tenure, focusing on the various options available to developers in order to identify the best practical solution available.
Gillespie Macandrew LLP: Trainee Solicitor (2009-2011); Solicitor (2011 – 2014); Associate (2015 – 2016); Partner (2016 – present)
University of Edinburgh: LLB (Hons); Dip. LP
Gillespie Macandrew LLP‘s energy expertise leverages the firm’s rural and agricultural knowledge to handle large onshore, island and offshore projects. The practice regularly works with the planning and construction, regulatory, land litigation and judicial review departments. Derek McCullough leads the energy, infrastructure and natural resources group, which also includes Amy McDowell, who handles renewables and strategic land developments.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation