Mr Stefan van Rossum > Van Doorne > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
Van Doorne Offices
1081 KM AMSTERDAM
PO BOX 75265, 1070 AG AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Mr Stefan van Rossum
Finance & Restructuring: Finance, Insolvency & Restructuring; Financial Institutions: Financials
Stefan van Rossum has over 25 years of experience in banking and finance. His experience extends to all areas of banking and finance, but he is primarily engaged in acquisition financing, corporate lending, property finance and financial restructurings. He represents lenders, borrowers and debt investors. His clients include the major Dutch banks, several leading international banks and hedge funds.
He started with Van Doorne in 1993 and made partner in January 2002. Stefan worked in the Van Doorne London office from 2001 until July 2004, which he headed from 2002 until his return to Amsterdam in July 2004.
English and Dutch
Stefan is a member of the Dutch Association of Insolvency lawyers (INSOLAD), INSOL Europe and the Turnaround Management Association.
Dutch Law, VU University Amsterdam, the Netherlands; Università degli Studi di Bologna; Finance and Securities postgraduate program, Grotius Academy cum laude, Insolvency law (INSOLAD) post graduate program, Grotius Academy.
Van Doorne‘s restructuring and insolvency practice possess debt restructuring, litigation, and enforcement specialists. Practice head Stefan van Rossum leads the ‘professional‘ team. Rossum assisted Green Swan with its acquisition of Intertoys out of bankruptcy, a notable firm highlight. Additionally, the firm advised Rabobank on the financial restructuring of the Ter Haak group.
At Van Doorne, the focus is on property financing, with work covering the full roster, including residential, retail, and office space, as well as hotels. In an illustration of this expertise, a team led by Stefan van Rossum advised Aareal Bank, as lender and arranger, on the €34.8m financing of the acquisition and renovation of the Lloyd Hotel in Amsterdam. The firm’s clients include Dutch and international banks, as well as alternative finance providers, among them funds and institutional investors, which the team assists with leveraged financing and corporate lending. Angelique Thiele is another key contact.
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side - Netherlands
- Restructuring and insolvency - Netherlands
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution: Mediation
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Industry focus: retail
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Environment and planning
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Project finance and PFI
- Real estate
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- EU and competition
- Private equity
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights