Mr Jan Leliveld > Van Doorne > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
Van Doorne Offices
1081 KM AMSTERDAM
PO BOX 75265, 1070 AG AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Mr Jan Leliveld
Criminal Enforcement & Internal Investigations
Jan is part of the Criminal Defence & Internal Investigations team. He focuses on corruption, fraud cases, AML, Sanctions, environmental criminal law, financial and supervisory regulations.
He represents companies and their management in (criminal) enforcement investigations. He has extensive experience in representing managers, public figures and professionals in criminal and disciplinary sensitive matters. He is used to operate discretely under turbulent circumstances.
Jan joined Van Doorne as a partner on 1 January 2017.
English and Dutch
Jan used to be part of the General Council of the Netherlands Bar Association. Jan is deputy justice at the court of appeal in The Hague. Furthermore, he is editor of the magazine ‘Strafblad’ (criminal record), he publishes regularly and lectures at the training institute for the judicial system.
Jan read law and business science. He also studied at Sciences Po (Paris) and at Hastings College of the Law (San Francisco).
Van Doorne‘s practice was strengthened by the hire of counsel Vanessa Liem from the Institute for Financial Crime; Liem jointly heads the practice alongside the experienced Jan Leliveld and Ed van Liere. This has bolstered the firm’s already strong offering across white-collar crime issues, acting for national and international companies, alongside senior management on compliance and regulatory issues, internal investigations, and representation in criminal litigation. Matters include money-laundering, corruption, and other forms of workplace misconduct, with the team able to work on cross-border and multi-jurisdictional cases.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution: Mediation
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Industry focus: retail
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Environment and planning
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Project finance and PFI
- Real estate
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- EU and competition
- Private equity
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights