Mr Rogier Schellaars > Van Doorne > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
Van Doorne Offices
1081 KM AMSTERDAM
PO BOX 75265, 1070 AG AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Mr Rogier Schellaars
Dispute Resolution: Arbitration
Rogier specializes in arbitration and international dispute settlement. He focusses on post M&A, joint-venture and investment arbitration work.
Rogier is a member of the ICC Court of International Arbitration. He actively contributes to the work of the NAI, the Dutch Arbitration Association and the Law Firm School. Rogier frequently publishes on arbitration law in journals and for the International Bar Association and the Max Planck Institute. Rogier has completed degrees in English law and Dutch law.
Van Doorne‘s arbitration team was strengthened by the recent arrival of associate Fleur Potter and the ‘sharp and pragmatic‘ Rogier Schellaars from Simmons & Simmons; the latter is now jointly heading the practice with Bas van Zelst. Schellaars and van Zelst have considerable experience arbitrating before both the ICC and NAI, making them ‘a very strong team to handle international arbitration cases‘. In recent work, the group represented Caratube International Oil in highly contentious enforcement proceedings regarding an ICSID Award against the Republic of Kazakhstan and the National Bank of Kazakhstan. Jasper Leedekerken is another key contact.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution: Mediation
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Industry focus: retail
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Environment and planning
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Project finance and PFI
- Real estate
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- EU and competition
- Private equity
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights