Marcus Elskær Mollerup > Plesner > Copenhagen, Denmark > Lawyer Profile
37 AMERIKA PLADS
- Go to...
Marcus Elskær Mollerup
Environmental Law and Planning Law, Public Law, Energy and Infrastructure, Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG)
Marcus Elskær Mollerup is a manager in Plesner’s Energy and Infrastructure team.
Marcus advises on public law issues and is responsible for Plesner’s practice area environmental and planning law.
Marcus provides advice to and represents public authorities as well as Danish and international businesses in matters involving complex environmental and planning issues, including legal proceedings, complaint proceedings and matters concerning compulsory acquisition.
Marcus advises clients within a broad range of regulatory issues, including licensing requirements and supervision, supply rights, rules on connection etc of distribution and demand facilities to the electric grid, requirements for approval and support etc for renewable energy plants and heating supply projects etc.
Marcus previously worked as a legal consultant in the management secretariat of the municipality of Herlev. Accordingly, Marcus has thorough knowledge of the Local Government Mandate (kommunalfuldmagten) and the Local Government Act (den kommunale styrelseslov) as well as the procedure and the considerations involved in the enforcement of environmental and planning legislation.
In addition, Marcus has experience in planning and conducting legal investigations – in particular investigations requiring a review of large data collections and files.
Marcus places great emphasis on good collaboration and focuses on providing advice that is useful in the client’s commercial and/or political reality. Marcus has extensive experience advising and communicating to the commercial or political management level in various types of organisations.
Marcus has been involved in some of Plesner’s most complex projects and disputes, including:
- Advice to municipalities on planning and construction issues, including enforcement
- Advice on environmental and planning issues in connection with Infranode’s investment in the largest solar park in Northern Europe
- Advice to Danish Shipbrokers and Port Operators on legal issues in relation to ports and port operations
- Advice on environmental and planning law issues in connection with the purchase and sale of onshore wind farms
- Advice on environmental and planning law issues and compulsory acquisition in connection with the development of the Baltic Pipe Project from Poland to Denmark
- Advice on supply, environmental and planning issues in relation to the development of data centres in Denmark
- Legal investigations of management liability and anti-money laundering compliance in the cooperative bank Københavns Andelskasse
- Advice on regulatory issues in relation to the Danish Heat Supply Act to Novo Nordisk A/S
- Advice on EU regulation within chemicals, product safety, food contact materials, and other areas which are extensively regulated on a European level.
- Advice on regulatory and administrative issues related to the Danish Subsoil Act and offshore matters
Plesner‘s team advises municipalities, energy companies and waste management companies on matters concerning expropriation, the development of environmentally regulated projects, and the acquisition of domestic environmentally regulated companies. Niklas Korsgaard Christensen jointly leads the practice alongside associate Marcus Elskaer Mollerup. Christensen is an energy specialist who advises on the environment related permitting processes for energy and infrastructure projects, and Mollerup often assists public authorities and international corporates with regulatory matters.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution
- EU, competition and public procurement
- Information technology
- Intellectual property
- Media and entertainment