Mike Jeffs > Geldards LLP > Cardiff, Wales > Lawyer Profile
Geldards LLP Offices
Capital Quarter No.4
- Go to...
Mike has advised a wide range of commercial real estate investors, developers and funders. He advises both individual and corporate investors dealing in properties in the retail, leisure, office, health care, industrial, manufacturing and residential portfolio sectors. His expertise extends to a range of private and public sector clients including the Welsh Government, the Ministry of Defence, universities and housing associations. Working with our Construction team, he has advised developers and funders on construction projects ranging from offices and hotels to sports stadiums and wind farms.
Mike has over 30 years of experience in the funding of commercial property, investment, acquisition and development projects and expertise in all aspects of secured lending, including syndicated lending transactions and portfolio finance. Lender clients include major clearing banks, second tier funders, building societies and public sector finance providers.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Led by Susanne Bradley , the ‘professional and personable‘ team at Geldards LLP provides ‘efficient and timely‘ advice to a balanced roster of stakeholders, including developers, investors and end-users. Strong and established ties with public and third sector clients continue to generate a significant volume of business, including Bradley’s recent work for Torfaen County Borough Council on the development and delivery of a multimillion-pound sixth form college in Cwmbran. As well as his broader lease and development expertise, Mike Jeffs provides ‘reliable and efficient‘ advice to both borrowers and banks on secured lending matters. Appreciated for his ‘calmness and attention to detail‘, Ioan Owen has a thriving landlord and tenant practice in the office and retail sector. Of the more recently promoted partners, Harriet Morgan has niche expertise in charity property law and Adam Thomas has developed expertise across all aspects of portfolio and estate management.
- Leading individuals - Wales > Real estate > Commercial property
- Commercial property - Wales > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Employment > Employment: Recommended Firms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence; claimant
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence; defendant