Karyn Watt > Anderson Strathern > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Anderson Strathern Offices
1 RUTLAND COURT
- Go to...
Head of infrastructure, specialising in projects and procurement (adviser to National Specialist Contractors Council; legal representative on Drafting Committee of Scottish Building Contracts Committee); accredited mediator. The quality of work by this firm and Karyn Watt in particular is outstanding. Karyn has an exceptional ability to grasp and handle complex issues and shows attention to detail and provides advice in a timely manner. Karyn is knowledgeable, very accessible and answers all questions. She is very professional as well as friendly.
Trained Clark & Wallace, Aberdeen; qualified 1985; partner in private practice for 20 years; in-house legal director for seven years; admitted New York Bar 2002; partner Anderson Strathern 2003; accredited specialist in construction. In 2013, Karyn was awarded an Honorary Fellowship of the Royal Incorporation of Architects in Scotland.
French, German (basic).
New York Bar; WS Society.
St Margaret’s School for Girls, Aberdeen; Aberdeen University (1982 LLB; 1983 DipLP).
Anderson Strathern‘s ‘very approachable‘ team has experience in construction and tender matters pertaining to infrastructure, urban regeneration and housing projects, including associated disputes, while also handling construction financing work. Its client portfolio includes various public sector bodies and education institutions alongside contractors and developers. Karyn Watt is the main contact.
The projects team at Anderson Strathern is best known for its work in public sector regeneration, public procurement, construction and the education sector. The group notably acts for the Scottish government, mainly on road infrastructure projects, and regularly collaborates with the firm’s transport sub-team. Practice head Karyn Watt specialises in construction law and the Glasgow-based Audrey Cameron leads the public sector group.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Public sector > Education
- Insurance > Medical negligence: defender
- Insurance > Medical negligence: pursuer
- Public sector > Parliamentary and public affairs
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Human resources > Employment
- Real estate > Environment
- Human resources > Immigration
- Public sector > Local government
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Health
- Human resources > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Human resources > Pensions
- Insurance > Personal injury: pursuer
- Real estate > Planning
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Social housing
- Real estate > Construction
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery