Acting for a wide range of blue-chip clients, developers, contractors and public bodies, Brodies LLP is a regular fixture on key construction projects, including associated transactions, and is equally well versed in handling contentious work. Manus Quigg, David Arnott and team co-head Louise Shiels are key contacts for the latter, while Alistair Mclean heads up the non-contentious construction group. Christopher Duff made partner in May 2019 and has a specialism in construction and engineering disputes.
Construction in Scotland
‘Brodies has demonstrated increasingly impressive depth in the construction team over the last few years, with a responsiveness and proactiveness which cannot be rivalled in Scotland. Their knowledge of the industry, technical expertise and approachability make them a go-to source of external support.‘
‘A strong team with a wealth of technical expertise. The team does not lose focus on the matters at issue even with the most complex of cases.‘
‘The construction team is very experienced, knowledgeable and has real strength. The team is flexible and provides excellent advice which given their acknowledged expertise is recognised and accepted by almost all. We receive our advice direct from the partners ensuring we get the best advice available.‘
‘Manus Quigg is a safe pair of hands and I would have no hesitation in referring the most complex of matters to him in the knowledge that he will focus on the technical aspects of the case whilst always having his client’s interests at the forefront.’
‘David Arnott is a consummate professional. David has a wealth of experience, an excellent way of demonstrating his view on contractual/ legal matters and provides excellent practical advice.‘
‘Alistair McLean has great experience and provides excellent advice. He is flexible and provides the advice personally rather than via junior staff which leads to a better and more efficient service.‘
Drum Property Group
McLaughlin & Harvey Ltd
Robertson Construction Group
Multiplex Construction Europe Ltd
Amey OW Limited
Ineos Chemicals Grangemouth Limited
Sacyr UK Limited/ Sacyr Neopul SA
Springfield Properties PLC
Orion Capital Partners
Maven Capital Partners
Apache Capital Partners
KSL Capital Partners
- Advising the contractor Sacyr on its appointment terms for the Edinburgh Tram Extension project.
- Advising Candleriggs, a joint venture between Stamford Property Investments and Drum Properties, on the Candleriggs Quarter city centre regeneration project in Glasgow.
- Advising Spirit AeroSystems (Europe) Limited on the design and build of a bespoke new innovation centre at its Prestwick base.
- Advising Orion Capital Partners on the acquisition of a five acre development site on the edge of the UNESCO Edinburgh World Heritage site.
- Advising Petroineos Manufacturing Scotland Limited on a suite of construction contracts for use across its Grangemouth facility.
Pinsent Masons LLP
Pinsent Masons LLP is a heavyweight in the construction market, assisting national and international owners, developers, contractors and investors with the whole range of construction law, most notably in the energy, infrastructure and real estate development sectors. The team is jointly led by Glasgow-based transactional construction work specialist Michael Allan and Edinburgh-based Kenny Valentine, who heads up the construction advisory and disputes team, and includes Brandon Nolan, who handles a wide range of both contentious and non-contentious construction work. Other key individuals include Nicholas Carlin, who specialises in supply chain arrangements on energy projects, and infrastructure project specialist Colin Fraser.
‘Pinsent Masons’ construction team has some very good lawyers, they work well together as a team, they have good sector and market knowledge and always take a very commercial and pragmatic approach to getting a deal done.‘
‘Pinsent Masons’ construction team in Scotland continues to impress with a team full of highly skilled, commercially-savvy lawyers who understand our business and are willing to come off the fence when required.‘
‘Able to provide expert and compelling legal advice to try and resolve disputes and if not achievable help guide us through various resolution paths.‘
‘Partners always available to provide advice and direction.‘
‘Mike Allan is the lead partner and is excellent. He is very down to earth, commercial and pragmatic and explains things very well. He also has good sector and market knowledge.‘
‘Brandon Nolan is excellent and has a thorough understanding of complex legal issues and a clear understanding of how to resolve them in a calm manner.‘
Balfour Beatty plc
Aker Solutions ASA
HOCHTIEF Solutions AG
The City of Edinburgh Council
- Advised Winchburgh Developments Limited on the development and construction of Winchburgh, which is one of the largest placemaking projects currently underway in the UK and located twelve miles west of Edinburgh.
- Acting for the Forth Crossing Bridge Constructors consortium as the contractor on the new Forth Road Bridge (known as the Queensferry Crossing), providing wide-ranging advice on various aspects of the project.
- Advising Aberdeen Harbour Board on the Aberdeen Harbour Expansion Project (Nigg Bay) project, which involves the construction of two new breakwaters and a new quay deep berthing space for oil and gas renewable sector vessels.
- Acting for McLaughlin & Harvey Construction Limited in defence of a £6m multi-party dispute arising out of the construction of the new fish veterinary centre for Marine Scotland in Aberdeen.
- Acting for Morgan Sindall Construction & Infrastructure Limited, in defence against a Court of Session action raised by Aggrek in relation to alleged defects in Aggreko’s principal manufacturing facility.
Burness Paull LLP has a strong profile for contentious and non-contentious construction and projects work, which attracts a steady stream of instructions from contractors, developers, local authorities and investors on a wide range of projects, including energy, housing, health, education, ports and harbours and retail. Recently, the team led by Fenella Mason, who handles advisory work alongside construction disputes, has been particularly active advising on NPD projects and Scottish hub projects.
‘The construction team, headed by the extremely capable Fenella Mason, have proven time and again their commitment to understanding client needs and delivering advice in a clear, understandable and useful fashion. The friendly team has an attention to detail which is second to none and are always readily on hand to provide advice and engage in legal training.’
‘Strong dedication to the client, good strategic advice, realism, no-nonsense style.’
‘Fenella Mason grasps situations quickly, tries to anticipate the moves of opposing parties. Looks at ways to play offensive even if situation looks dire.’
Galliford Try Construction (UK) Limited No
John Graham Construction Limited Yes
EDF Energy No
Amey plc No
Morgan Sindall Investments Limited
Port of Cromarty Firth
Scottish Futures Trust
- Advising hub West Scotland Limited on a range of DBDA projects in the Greater Glasgow hub territory, including a portfolio of six new build Early Years developments for two councils; refurbishment projects pertaining to a dilapidated library and a town hall in Paisley; and the first hub West affordable housing project.
- Advising hub West Scotland Limited / hub West Project Company (No.7) Limited on the second phase of this project; advising on the financing, design, construction of and provision of services at the new Clydebank Health & Care Centre by varying the earlier project agreement.
- Advised the developer Union Investment Real Estate GMBH Limited on a forward funding agreement for the design and construction of two hotels co-located on the same site fronting the River Clyde in Glasgow.
- Acted as Scots Law counsel, advising HGIT Glasgow Limited on all construction aspects of the sale of a 607-bed student accommodation scheme in Glasgow from Bricks Capital.
- Continues to provide ongoing project contractual support to Port of Cromarty Firth in connection with the £31m Phase 4 Development of Invergordon Service Base.
Shepherd and Wedderburn
Shepherd and Wedderburn's employer and contractor clients regularly instruct the team to assist with various contentious and non-contentious construction matters and projects, and benefit from the group's particular expertise in the energy (including renewable energy), real estate (including offices, leisure and mixed-use) and housing regeneration sectors. Construction and infrastructure projects expert Euan McLeod heads the team.
‘The team is very experienced in construction law, is well respected, easy to work with and provides clients with realistic advice and manages their expectations.‘
‘The contract disputes team focuses on the issues at hand, has excellent contract law knowledge and provides excellent value for money.‘
‘I have worked with this team within S&W for many years now, they are a highly motivated team of individuals who always have the time to deal with your requests – the type of deals that we string together can be very complex and could freak many people out – this is never the case though with Euan McLeod.‘
‘Iain Drummond is a highly regarded lawyer, providing balanced and easily understood legal opinions.‘
‘Iain Drummond is extremely knowledgeable in contract law, happy to support either in great detail or to a lesser extent depending upon the circumstances, and to provide excellent all-round service.‘
Acciona Industrial S.A.
Wheatley Housing Group
The Government of the United Kingdom
Aggreko UK Limited
The City of Edinburgh Council
The University of Edinburgh
Amber Infrastructure Limited
- Advised Acciona Industrial S.A. on a £150m contract to design, build and operate a waste-to-energy plant in Aberdeenshire.
- Advising BAE on contracts for the redevelopment of Scotstoun and Govan shipyards to create ship building facilities.
- Representing Caledonian Environmental Services plc, a wastewater treatment plant owner, in a multi-million-pound dispute pertaining to defective tanks.
- Advising JPMorgan Chase on its new 270,000 sq ft technology base in Glasgow’s International Financial Services District.
- Advising Scotland’s largest social landlord Wheatley Housing Group on a £400m housing construction framework.
CMS has substantial experience in the construction, engineering and PFI markets and provides clients, including investors, local authorities, contractors, higher education institutions and developers, among others, with wide-ranging contentious and non-contentious construction and associated procurement advice. Shona Frame and Mark Kirke are the main contacts for the former and Christine Worthington and Ian McCann for the latter. In the contentious space, the team has been increasingly active in PFI disputes, in the energy-from-waste sector and in claims pertaining to latent defects.
‘The team is in touch with our specific needs and requirements. The team is small enough to provide a very personal service but has strength in depth to support on a wide variety of issues, if needed.‘
‘CMS always provides professional, clear and expert advice. They are among the leading construction lawyers in Scotland.‘
‘CMS have consistently given us impeccable advice, been proactive in working with us, extremely efficient, thorough and fast in their responses. I have always felt totally protected and secure in taking advice from the people we are working with in this practice.‘
‘Very sound advice which is clearly laid out and expressed in terms that can be understood. Team members are always friendly, professional and approachable. There is a great level of expertise in construction matters at every level in the team.‘
‘Confident, totally grounded, well prepared, personable, human, humorous and leave us in no doubt of their complete competency in undertaking the work in hand and in our placing our complete trust in them.‘
‘What really stood out for me was their ability to seamlessly integrate into the project at a reasonably advanced stage and really help drive the negotiations to a conclusion. They understood what we needed without having to be asked and were able to resource efficiently and at the right level, often with tight deadlines.‘
‘CMS has strength in depth in this area that very few firms can rival in this sector. We had a specific requirement for a lawyer with specific experience and at a certain level and they were able to provide what we needed without fuss or delay.‘
‘Their teams have individuals that practice in specific areas making them the ultimate resource for advice and information.‘
‘The team makes a conscious effort to understand the client’s business, therefore tailoring legal advice accordingly. The team is highly skilled and knowledgeable, and can offer pragmatic as well as technical advice.‘
‘Shona Frame is an authority in all aspects of construction law.‘
‘Shona Frame is our main point of contact and having the ability to call her/ email her directly and know you will have a prompt response make this relationship invaluable.‘
‘Iain McCann is the construction specialist within the team. Iain is also readily available, has an in-depth knowledge of construction contracts but also understands the practicalities of construction and project delivery.‘
‘Christine Worthington demonstrates incredible patience, provides clear advice and always seems to have the answers at her fingertips.‘
Balfour Beatty plc
University of Glasgow
Aberdeen Standard Investments
National Museums of Scotland
- Assisting Scottish Water with the appointment of strategic contractor partners.
- Advising Nuveen Real Estate on contractual elements and potential construction issues pertaining to the Edinburgh St James development.
- Advised the City of Edinburgh Council on Scots law matters pertaining to the procurement and construction of the new Edinburgh Tram line.
- Acting for Renfrewshire Council in procurement and construction matters pertaining to two major infrastructure projects funded by the City Deal.
- Acting for Interserve Construction Limited in a construction dispute arising from the delayed Glasgow Recycling and Renewable Energy Centre.
Dentons provides full-service contentious and non-contentious construction law advice which makes for an attractive offering for developers and contractors alongside transport, infrastructure and energy sector players. Construction procurement expert Mark Macaulay heads the team from Glasgow, which includes Edinburgh-based and contentious construction law expert Kirsti Olson. Recently, much of its work arose from housing, office and leisure infrastructure projects.
Other key lawyers:
‘High level of partner involvement and oversight of the matters. Concise and commercial advice.‘
‘I have found Kirsti Olson to be very approachable and hands-on as compared to other partners I have worked with. I have been particularly impressed by her ability to condense complex issues into clear and concise explanations and to cut through the noise of a dispute to recommend sensible next steps.‘
Galliford Try Construction (UK) Limited
Halcrow Group Limited
Taylor Wimpey UK Limited
The Student Hotel B.V.
Barry Callebaut Manufacturing UK Limited
- Advising Prudential Assurance Company Limited on the acquisition and development of a large site at Haymarket, Edinburgh, upon which infrastructure works and five large office buildings are to be constructed.
- Defending Halcrow Group Limited in proceedings raised in the Court of Session by the Fraserburgh Harbour Commissioners. The proceedings arose out of works carried out by McLaughlin & Harvey in 2015 to deepen the existing North Harbour at Fraserburgh.
- Assisting Sigma Capital Group plc with the delivery of PRS schemes in Scotland.
- Advising FORE Partnership on the Cadworks city centre office development in Glasgow.
- Advised Old Course Limited on construction matters arising from expansion and refurbishment works at the Old Course Hotel in St Andrews; this included assistance with professional appointments and the construction contract for electrical infrastructure upgrades.
MacRoberts LLP's strength lies in handling contentious construction work - a key area of expertise for team head Neil Kelly -, but it also handles a wide range of non-contentious work for public and private sector developers, funders, Scottish SMEs and sub-contractors. Its work stems from various sectors and includes construction matters arising from large PPP projects, most notably in the education and health sectors.
Wood Group (via AMEC)
The Scottish Government (including Transport Scotland and Scottish Prison Service)
The Edinburgh Schools Partnership
Engie Services Limited
- Assisting NHS Lothian with all issues arising as a result of the defects and delays to the opening of the new £150m Royal Hospital for Children and Young People and Department of Clinical Neuroscience at Little France in Edinburgh.
- Advising Renfrewshire Schools Partnership Limited on multi-million pound Court of Session proceedings regarding novel legal arguments about the interpretation of the payment provisions in a school PFI project.
- Advising Aecom Infrastructure & Environment Limited on multi-million pound Court of Session proceedings regarding the Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route roads project.
- Represented a national regeneration house builder in an adjudication with a national energy supplier in connection with carbon-saving measures installed by the energy supplier under a sub-contract with the client.
- Advised Hamilton Park Race Course Hotel Company Limited as developer on the construction contracts pertaining to the design and construction of a new build Hampton by Hilton brand hotel in Hamilton, Scotland.
Alongside advising developers and contractors, Addleshaw Goddard also acts for project funders, and provides regular contentious and non-contentious assistance with housing and regeneration projects, renewable energy schemes and hub framework infrastructure projects. In the non-contentious space, the team's advice extends to transactional support and procurement matters. The practice is jointly led by non-contentious construction law expert Alison Horner and contentious construction law specialist Anne Struckmeier. Energy projects expert Paul Minto left the firm in September 2019 to work in-house.
‘The team provides great value and is clearly genuinely engaged in our business. The team understands our environment, and appears to work well with our construction team.‘
Muse Developments Limited
Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS)
Caledonian Maritime Assets Ltd (CMAL)
KanAm Grund Group (KanAm)
AIG Asset Management (Europe) Limited
- Continues to provide BAM Construction Limited with construction law advice; this includes a variation to the Stobhill Hospital and Greenock Health Centre DBFM project, and on its appointment as management contractor by Diageo for the redevelopment of the former House of Fraser store on Edinburgh’s Princes Street into a new flagship Johnnie Walker visitor centre.
- Acted for KanAm Grund Group (KanAm) in the acquisition, on behalf of the German pension fund Ärzteversorgung Westfalen-Lippe (ÄVWL), of a mixed-use property on St Andrew Square in Edinburgh from Aberdeen Standard Investments.
- Provided drafting, structuring, construction procurement and final contract negotiation advice to Caledonian Maritime Assets Limited (CMAL) pertaining to two parts of the Skye Triangle project.
- Instructed by Muse Developments Limited to assist with the drafting and negotiation of the construction package for a new four unit development at Plot H at Eurocentral business park.
- Providing advice to Edinburgh Airport Limited (EAL) across a range of construction-related matters, including strategic construction procurement options, construction template documentation and ongoing projects and works packages.
Anderson Strathern is best known for its public and education sector work, advising clients on various construction and associated procurement matters, but the team is also well versed in advising contractors and developers on retail, commercial and housing developments alongside energy and infrastructure projects. Handling adjudications and collateral warranties, among others, are key areas of expertise in the contentious space where solicitor advocate Alistair Dean is among the main contacts. Karyn Watt is the main contact for infrastructure projects.
‘Their ability to deliver when the pressure is on – we are demanding clients that require accurate and fast responses.‘
‘I feel the team is very committed to act on our behalf.‘
‘Alistair Dean has a commercial approach, is straightforward to deal with, cost-conscious and good at strategy.‘
The Scottish Government/ Transport Scotland
Crown Estate Scotland
University of the Highlands and Islands
Victoria Square Woking Limited
Stewart Milne Group
CCG (Scotland) Limited
Strathclyde Partnership for Transport (SPT)
S1 Developments Limited
Frequently acting for private development companies, Davidson Chalmers Stewart handles various contentious and non-contentious construction law matters; in the non-contentious space, this includes drafting and negotiating the construction aspects of agreements for lease, development agreements, building and engineering contracts and collateral warranties as well as transactional support for which team head Simone Young is the key contact. Much of its work arises from residential, commercial and leisure sector developments but the team also offers support with waste and renewable energy sector developments.
‘Simone Young provided a pragmatic and business-focused service and was highly responsive. She dealt with all our questions and issues and delivered on time. Their fees were reasonable and we were very happy with the service.‘
Chris Stewart Group
Tartan Leisure Limited
Peveril Securities Limited
Motability Operations Limited
Mars Black Sheep Hotels Limited
Edinburgh Castle Limited
HB Villages Developments Ltd
Cumbrae Property Limited
Scarborough Hermiston Limited
- Advising Tartan Leisure Limited on the design and construction of an inland, artificial surf wavegarden with associated leisure and accommodation facilities in a disused quarry in West Lothian.
- Advising the Chris Stewart Group on the design, construction, lease and sale of a mixed-use development in central Edinburgh.
- Advising Peveril Securities Limited on various matters pertaining to its multi-million pound mixed-use development in the historic old town of Edinburgh. This included advice on pre-let agreements, funding agreements, build contracts and professional appointments, among other issues.
- Advising Motability Operations on matters pertaining to its multi-million pound refurbishment of office premises at Edinburgh Park, Edinburgh. This included advice on the terms of the agreement for lease of circa 35,000 sq ft of office accommodation, and the design and build contract entered into by the client with a contractor to carry out works on behalf of both the tenant and landlord.
- Assisting the Crosslane Group with the acquisition of former garage premises, and with the subsequent design and construction on the site of a new-build development of student accommodation at Calton Road, Edinburgh.
Harper Macleod LLP is best known for its strong public sector client base but also receives regular instructions from registered social landlords and private sector developers to provide assistance with various contentious and non-contentious construction law matters, including procurement issues. Michael Conroy heads the practice from Glasgow and is experienced in the drafting and negotiation of building and engineering contracts.
Other key lawyers:
Glasgow City Council
The City of Edinburgh Council
Dragados SA/ Dragados UK Limited
North Ayrshire Council
North Lanarkshire Council
Hub North Scotland No
FCC Construcción S.A No
Shetland Islands Council
- Advised Glasgow City Council as landlord and grant funder on matters pertaining to the £18m redevelopment of the Citizen’s Theatre, Glasgow. This included advice on its grant of a long lease in favour of Citizens Theatre Limited containing redevelopment obligations, and on its grant funding agreement with Citizens to assist with the redevelopment.
- Advising Hub North Scotland Limited on various matters arising from the education facilities procurement for two local authorities; this included assistance with the negotiation of development agreements with councils and step-down construction contracts with Balfour Beatty and Kier as well as with parent company guarantees, bonds, design team appointments and collateral warranties.
- Acted for Everwarm Ltd in a series of proceedings against its former subcontractor, BN Rendering Ltd (BN). Recently, this included representing the client in a claim for payment against BN in relation to assessments issued by Everwarm for construction services which BN have failed to pay.
- Represented various home owners of a housing development in Peebles in their pursuit against Taylor Wimpey (TW) and NHBC, for claims arising from various constructions defects to their new-build homes.
- Advising North Ayrshire Council on the procurement of a specialist facility for the teaching of pupils with additional support needs (ASN) and related respite and residential accommodation.
Morton Fraser is jointly led by non-contentious construction and projects expert Jonathan Seddon and construction and engineering dispute resolution specialist Sandra Cassels, who joined from BTO Solicitors LLP in August 2019. In the non-contentious space, the team has a specialism in acting for commercial private and public sector property developers with significant expertise in student accomodation projects, PRS/ BTR and housing developments. In the contentious arena, the team has a depth of experience in adjudications and has been particularly active for employers and local authorities.
‘Morton Fraser is a legal company that specialises in all aspects of law, therefore a construction dispute may overlap with another field, and they have the necessary expertise in-house to provide clear concise expert advice to clients.‘
‘Sandra Cassels cares and wants the best for her clients, she offers good sound advice, whether it’s what we want to hear or not, but it is always with our best interests at heart. She is conscious of the costs of legal fees to her clients and informs us of the costs of actions.‘
Diageo Scotland Limited
BAM Properties Limited
Hotel Management Limited
The Scottish Government and the Government of the United Kingdom (including Transport Scotland and Scottish Prison Service)
Empiric Student Property Plc
Glasgow City Council
Bank of Scotland PLC
Lloyds Bank Private Banking
Tesco Stores Limited/ Tesco Personal Finance plc
- Advising Diageo Scotland Limited on the construction of a new multi-million pound immersive Johnnie Walker global visitor centre at the former House of Fraser building on Princes Street, Edinburgh.
- Advising BAM Properties on the construction of an eight storey office development at Capital House, Edinburgh.
- Advising Bloc Hotels on the demolition and subsequent rebuild of Dale House, Glasgow, to create a seven storey hotel with ground floor retail.
- Advised the developer Empiric Student Property Plc on the construction aspects of a refinance deal that sought to refinance the development of a student accommodation block at Loch Street, Aberdeen.
- Continues to assist Diageo Scotland Limited with various property and construction law matters pertaining to a number of its distilleries and visitor centres.
BTO Solicitors LLP
Co-led by construction disputes specialist Fraser Hopkins, who joined the team in December 2019 from Pinsent Masons LLP, and Jilly Petrie, BTO Solicitors LLP has construction disputes, including adjudications, at its heart and regularly acts for insurance sector clients, contractors and construction sector professionals, among others.
Other key lawyers:
‘Jilly Petrie heads up the team very effectively. She has an eye for detail and a strong commercial awareness.‘
AIG Europe Limited
Federation of Master Builders
The Turner Group
Loreburn Housing Association
Mactaggart & Mickel Group
Embedded in the firm's national group, DLA Piper's Scotland team is led by commercial property and construction litigator Alastair Drummond, which translates into particular expertise in the contentious space and into regular instructions arising from construction defects, but the team also handles advisory matters, including construction-related funding and procurement issues.
Caerus Periousia Ltd/ Osborne & Company
Artisan Real Estate UK Ltd
V.R.S. 6 Limited
Consort Healthcare (Fife) Limited
- Advised Artisan Real Estate UK Ltd on the development comprising a 294-bedroom 4-star Clayton Hotel and a 162-unit Adagio Aparthotel, which will integrate the existing Grade A listed Custom House building located next to the River Clyde in Glasgow.
Ledingham Chalmers LLP has a strong presence in the Scottish Highlands and Islands region and regularly provides contractors and developers with contentious and non-contentious construction and engineering law advice, including on associated procurement and funding matters. Jennifer Young, who specialises in construction dispute management and resolution, and Sarah Stuart, who handles various contentious and non-contentious construction matters with a particular focus on the energy sector, jointly head the team.
‘The team we deal with in this practice are always friendly and efficient, responding quickly to enquiries when contacted. The practice is well resourced with experienced staff to deal with all aspects of our legal requirements.‘
‘They understand our business and the issues which are most important to us as a business. They have experience in all aspects of real estate/ construction which enables us to utilise their team for many different tasks, but ensures that they are aware of the inter-connections between these issues, and take a global overview.‘
‘Individually, the members of the team, who have served us, treat us as important clients, always have time to discuss any matters, which arise at short notice, and guide us towards the correct expertise within Ledingham Chalmers if they are not the appropriate department. All tasks are treated with the urgency required, which is often at very short notice. Dealing with the same individuals also builds a strong relationship, and allows them to understand our business, and our key operational challenges.‘
‘Jennifer Young in particular has given down-to-earth practical advice and shown legal expertise when guiding myself and members through construction disputes. Jennifer has proven to be invaluable when helping to develop strategies to deal with the problems discussed and where necessary appointed the right people for the specific task.‘
Bancon Construction Ltd
Gordon Mitchell (Contractors) Ltd
Malthus UK Ltd
Ark Estates (Scotland) Ltd
Heidi Beers Ltd
Tulloch Homes Limited
Kirkwood Homes Ltd
CHAP Group (Aberdeen) Ltd
Deeside Timberframe Limited
- Advising Heidi Beers Ltd on a dispute with the supplier and installer of a brewing plant over the delayed installation.
- Advised the contractor CHAP Group (Aberdeen) Limited on compensation events arising under a NEC3 sub-contract pertaining to access and duct installation works and underground cable works to Aberdeen Offshore Wind Farm.
- Instructed by Johnston Carmichael LLP to advise on and prepare all construction contracts required for the forthcoming refurbishment projects at its Edinburgh offices.
- Acting for Miller Cromdale (Old Ford Road) Limited in a Court of Session action pertaining to alleged design and construction defects in a project in Aberdeen, where the client was the original developer.
- Defending Stoneywood Developments Limited, a subsidiary of the housebuilder Dandara, in three separate court actions arising out of alleged failure to construct new build properties.