Michael Conroy > Harper Macleod LLP > Glasgow, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Harper Macleod LLP Offices
45 GORDON STREET
- Go to...
Michael is highly experienced in the drafting and negotiation of building and engineering contracts and associated documentation for a wide variety of projects including: construction of public buildings, offices and industrial premises; hotels; retail developments; residential developments including student accommodation; road and infrastructure works; and plant and renewable energy projects including off-shore works.
He also provides advice in relation to contentious construction matters representing clients in adjudication and providing a specialist resource for the firm’s Litigation team.
As well as acting for clients within the construction sector (contractors, sub-contractors and professionals), he also acts for their employers and parties having an interest in projects (both private and public sector organisations) covering a wide range of industry sectors including commercial real estate (investors and developers); retail and leisure (occupiers/operators); banking (development and acquisition finance providers); housing (for private sale or social rent); and energy (renewables and natural resources).
Clients for whom Michael has acted include: Scottish Government; Scottish Prison Service; Scottish Court Service; Forestry Commission Scotland; Glasgow 2014 Limited; Highlands & Islands Enterprise; Global Infrastructure; Natural Power Consultants Limited; Glasgow Housing Association Limited; River Clyde Homes; Dumfries and Galloway Housing Partnership; HSBC ; Clydesdale Bank plc; Allied Irish Bank; and Co-Operative Bank plc.
Michael is a Law Society of Scotland Accredited Specialist in Construction Law.
LLB (Hons) Dip LP; LLM (Construction Law)
Harper Macleod LLP combines its construction, projects and dispute resolution expertise to assist public sector clients, contractors and housing associations with the drafting and negotiation of building and engineering contracts – many of which pertain to the provision of social and affordable housing -, procurement law matters and associated disputes. Michael Conroy and infrastructure and projects head Euan Pirie are the main contacts for non-contentious work and Laura McCorquodale for construction and engineering disputes, including professional negligence claims.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Employment > Immigration
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Medical negligence: pursuer
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Insurance > Personal injury: pursuer
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment
- Real estate > Planning