Alistair Mclean > Brodies LLP > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Brodies LLP Offices
15 ATHOLL CRESCENT
- Go to...
Construction and engineering.
Alistair is head of the firm’s non-contentious construction and engineering group. He has more than 25 years’ domestic and international experience on projects spanning city centre development, transport, renewable energy, waste and health sectors, including a broad range of PFI experience.
Trainee McClure Naismith, Glasgow 1983 to 1985; assistant 1985 to 1986; assistant McGrigor Donald, Glasgow 1986 to 1988; assistant McKenna & Co., Hong Kong 1988 to 1990 (admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong 1989); associate Masons, London 1990 to 1994 (admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales 1993); senior associate Dundas & Wilson, Edinburgh 1994 to 1996; partner 1996 to 2013; partner Brodies LLP 2013 to date.
Law Society of Scotland.
Castlehead High School, Paisley; University of Glasgow (1982 LLB; 1983 DipLP).
Rugby, golf, tennis and skiing.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Acting for a wide range of blue-chip clients, developers, contractors and public bodies, Brodies LLP is a regular fixture on key construction projects, including associated transactions, and is equally well versed in handling contentious work. Manus Quigg, David Arnott and team co-head Louise Shiels are key contacts for the latter, while Alistair Mclean heads up the non-contentious construction group. Christopher Duff made partner in May 2019 and has a specialism in construction and engineering disputes.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Medical negligence: defender
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Public sector > Parliamentary and public affairs
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Finance > Investment funds
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport