A true specialist in the real estate sphere, Pinilla González & Prieto Abogados‘ firm-wide offering is uniquely structured around its comprehensive strength in this field. Covering the waterfront of real estate matters — from national and local urban planning regulations through to land management and financing transactions — the group is routinely engaged to advise on the largest and most significant real estate projects in the country. High-profile partner Juan Manuel González is much sought after for his impressive track record in structuring many of Colombia’s most high-profile real estate projects, while Ángela Caicedo frequently advises the country’s largest construction companies and land developers on strategic development matters and regulatory issues. Urban planning partner Sandra Milena Lizcano and transactional real estate specialist Felipe Pinilla are also senior names to note. Key support is provided by associate Laura Carolina Mesa Fonseca, who is well versed in public law as well as urban and real estate law.
Real estate in Colombia
Pinilla González & Prieto Abogados
Juan Manuel González; Ángela Caicedo; Sandra Milena Lizcano
Philip Morris Colombia
Ladrillera Santa Fe
Inversiones Las Águilas
Actual Colombia Inmobiliaria
Promotora Turística del Caribe
- Advised Amarilo on modifying the regulatory framework for a planning instrument called the partial plan ‘El Volador’ to develop land and subsequent real estate projects in an area of urban expansion land located in the District of Barranquilla.
- Advised Cemex Colombia on adopting planning instruments to allow the urban development of land located in Bogotá, in the sector called ‘Tunjuelo’.
- Advised Philip Morris Colombia on legal matters concerning the future sale of a property located in the city of Medellin.
Gómez-Pinzón Abogados (GPA)
Combining strong skill sets in development, transactional and contentious real estate, Gómez-Pinzón Abogados (GPA) houses a full-service practice that packs a punch in urban development matters. It is also distinguished by its ability to work alongside its top-tier corporate, environmental and finance teams to comprehensively resource large-scale real estate mandates. Paula Samper Salazar is recommended for her broad experience spanning real estate investment funds, project development and transactions; she co-heads the team alongside Felipe Mariño, who specialises in transactional work. Experienced senior associate María Camila Parra has an emphasis on regulatory issues and real estate development plans. Since publication, Mariño has left the firm - effective as of December 2022.
Paula Samper Salazar
World Olivet Assembly
Colinsa Real Estate
Procter & Gamble Colombia
Almacenes Generales De Deposito Almaviva
Titularizadora Colombiana, Hitos
Black Horse Developments
Fundación Colombiana De Rehabilitación
Fundación Oftamológica Nacional
Sura Im Gestora De Iversiones
Fondo De Inversión Colectiva Inmobilairio (Inmoval)
Mobiliare Latam (Odema Capital)
- Advised Colinsa Real Estate on the due diligence, structuring, negotiation and drafting of all legal documents for the acquisition of the ownership of a colonial house.
- Acted as legal counsel to Mercado Libre Colombia in the due diligence procedure and negotiation of a lease agreement to secure a strategic logistics location in the municipality of Yumbo.
- Advised Almacenes Generales De Deposito Almaviva on the implementation of legal urban actions that allow the development of real estate projects and the operation of the company.
Philippi Prietocarrizosa Ferrero DU & Uría
The ‘highly creative‘ real estate and urban law team at Philippi Prietocarrizosa Ferrero DU & Uría stands out for its ‘practical and rigorous‘ lawyers. A strong performer in both transactional and regulatory matters, the firm represents Colombian and international clients on an array of construction agreements, sale and purchase transactions, lease agreements and administrative law issues. Department head Juan Carlos Rocha is a go-to real estate specialist and is equipped to advise major industry clients on the full range of urban, rural and agroindustry projects. ‘Detail-oriented‘ senior associate Diana Lozano and associate Jaime Ramírez are also noted for their dedicated practice support.
Juan Carlos Rocha
‘We have received excellent advice from the real estate practice at PPU. Lawyers are practical and rigorous at the same time.’
‘Juan Carlos Rocha and his team are wonderful lawyers; great experience and very responsive. The best lawyers I have ever met.’
‘The firm has a lot of knowledge, resources and experience.’
‘The team stands out for its agility, commitment, and attention to detail.’
‘We recommend Juan Carlos Rocha. We have received constant support in our businesses from him; he is a very close partner and fully participates in the business.’
‘We highlight the team’s knowledge and dedication. Lawyers’ maintain excellent relationships with their clients. They connect with customer needs.’
‘Associate Diana Lozano is detail-oriented, results-oriented and her presentations are impeccable. She tracks all activities.’
‘It is a highly creative firm and, due to this, it manages to formulate different solutions to the needs of clients.’
Carvajal Propiedades e Inversiones
Grupo Energía Bogotá
Fondo Inmobiliario Colombia (FIC)
Fondo de Inversión Colectiva Inmobiliaria Sirenta
Agroindustrial de Palma Aceitera (sucursal Colombia)
Abbott Laboratories de Colombia (Lafrancol)
Minera de Cobre Quebradona (Anglogold Ashanti)
Centro Comercial Santa Fe
Cardenas Marketing Network
Latam Logistic Col Propco Cota 1
Sociedad Aeroportuaria de la Costa (SACSA)
Century Energy Corporation; Latin American Renewable Energy Income Fund I
Unión Temporal Edificio Carrera 13
- Advised Carvajal Propiedades e Inversiones on the redevelopment of a strategic asset near to El Dorado Airport; on the negotiation of the termination of a previous lease agreement; and on the execution of a redevelopment agreement with Patrimonio Autónomo Estrategias Inmobiliarias (PEI).
- Acted for Fondo de Inversión Colectiva Inmobiliaria Sirenta on a real estate acquisition process, including real estate and urban law-related due diligence, deal structuring, and the negotiation of agreements pursuant to the acquisition of leased commercial premises.
- Advised Centro Comercial Santa Fe on the negotiation of a long-term lease agreement with H&M to open a new shopping store in Santa Fe Shopping Centre.
Posse Herrera Ruiz
Posse Herrera Ruiz's multidisciplinary practice brings together standalone offerings in real estate, agroindustry and forestry law, and land use, urban planning and development matters, to provide broad coverage of the real estate sphere. Andrés Montoya spearheads the real estate group and is recognised for his expertise in representing funds, promoters, developers and construction companies across the full gamut of project structuring, project development, transactional and contentious work. Other key contacts include up-and-coming partner Alejandro Turbay, who heads the urban planning and zoning regulation unit; and Héctor Otálora, who provides dedicated support to the real estate department and ‘perfectly understands the client’s needs’.
‘We value the team for its simplicity and clarity in explaining the topics and carrying out its recommendations.’
‘Associate Héctor Otálora perfectly understands the client’s needs. He explains concepts in ways in which non-lawyers can understand.’
Unicentro Shopping Mall
Renewable Resources Group
- Advised Bancolombia on the negotiation of a joint venture structure with CCLA to set up a new line of business consisting of the development of real estate multifamily projects in Colombia.
- Acted for NAF Colombia on the acquisition of various rural properties located in Génova, Quindío to establish a large avocado-producing project.
- Advised Mainstream on the negotiation, drafting and execution of several lease agreements via public deeds to lease properties in different areas of Colombia for renewable energy projects.
Ramirez & Cardona Abogados
Ramirez & Cardona Abogados finds favour for its ‘impeccable technical understanding' and its senior lawyers’ ‘excellent interpersonal relationships with influential entities'. As a boutique firm specialising in real estate, urban planning and development, zoning, environmental law and tax, it is well-placed to advise on the full life cycle of real estate matters. Managing partner José Ramón Ramírez is held up as ‘an expert lawyer in everything that has to do with real estate'; he anchors a team that also includes director Diana Rodríguez, who has a focus on transactional real estate, and senior associate Julián Cardona.
José Ramón Ramírez
‘A team with impeccable technical understanding and deep knowledge of the industry, which helps the client to make strategic decisions in the processes associated with its advice.’
‘José Ramón Ramírez’s clear and precise knowledge always helps us to make the best decisions. His ability and technical knowledge of the real estate sector is the team’s main differentiator.’
‘I believe that what makes the real estate practice of Ramírez & Cardona Abogados unique is its specialty in real estate matters, including transactional, contractual, tax, administrative procedures and litigation aspects.’
‘Compared to other law firms, I highlight the accessibility and availability of the firm’s main partner José Ramón Ramírez in all client matters, which demonstrates both his dedication and the high degree of importance of the issues entrusted to him.‘
‘José Ramón Ramírez is an expert lawyer in everything that has to do with real estate issues and is always present and available. We have never felt that matters are delegated to a junior lawyer and we are totally certain that if we need support or a follow-up on matters, we can count on an almost immediate response from him.‘
‘It is a highly trained team, with strong management and expertise in the issues where it provides advice. Lawyers stand out for their holistic understanding of the subject, so that the development of solutions meets the expectations of the client — and sometimes exceeds them.‘
‘We value the team’s assertive communication. Without a doubt, the lawyers of the firm have a broad and forceful understanding of the case and likewise express each report in such a way that anyone can understand the process.’
‘Managing partner José Ramón Ramírez has in-depth knowledge of real estate law. He has excellent interpersonal relationships with influential entities that are essential for obtaining licences and other procedures. He is an excellent strategist who contributes to M&A transactions beyond the legal aspects.‘
Fideicomiso Fai Teusaquillo
Lenus Capital Partners
Colegio Santa Luisa
Inmoval Credicorp Capital
Scheffer Colombia / Scheffer Brasil
DLA Piper Martínez Beltrán
TC Latin American Partners
Nexus Capital Partners
Latam Logistic Properties / Jaguar Growth Partners
Smurfit Kappa Colombia
San Francisco Investments
Inversiones Inmobiliarias Bambú
Hoteles Decamerón Colombia
Arcos Dorados Colombia (McDonald’s)
Boston Andes Capital
- Advised Nexus calle 100 on the acquisition of the real estate portfolio of Banco de Occidente (Aval Group) for $115m.
- Acted for Steward Health Care International Colombia on the acquisition of Towers A and B of the Reina Victoria Clinic located in Popayán, Cauca.
- Advised Smurfit Kappa Cartón Colombia on the relocation of its Medellín plant to the Guarne municipality, where the company’s new plant will be built with an estimated investment of $50m.
Baker McKenzie S.A.S.
Baker McKenzie S.A.S. acts for a mix of investors and real estate owners and occupiers on real estate matters, including recent engagements for investment funds and companies in the energy, hospitality, mining and infrastructure sectors. Alejandro Mesa, who has a focus on the energy, mining and infrastructure spheres, oversees the practice and recently advised Sura Asset Management on the structuring of real estate projects in Colombia. Associate Lucía Murgueytio is dedicated to real estate work and specialises in urban and real estate transactions.
‘We value the firm for the proactive and timely participation of the key partner and team.’
‘Alejandro Mesa has extensive knowledge of the market and is practical and timely in his contributions and recommendations. Associates María Montejo, Paula Melendro and Lucía Murgueytio form an agile group that gives priority to the client and provides opportune and successful advice.’
Sura Asset Management
SC Johnson y Son Colombiana
Agregados de Oriente
Phoenix Tower International
Yellowstone Capital Partners
Cherokee Nation Businesses
Four Seasons Hotels
Phoenix Tower International
Public Pension Investment Board
Hoteles Decameron Colombia
- Advising Sura Asset Management on the structuring of its complex real estate projects in Colombia.
- Acting for Ecopetrol on the acquisition of 51.4% of Interconexión Eléctrica, which is dedicated to the business of electric power transmission, road infrastructure, telecoms and information technology.
- Advising Yellowstone Capital Partners on real estate transactions, including advising on the real estate and urban due diligence aspects of the real estate transactions it undertakes in conjuncition with Amarilo.
Brigard Urrutia‘s ‘extensive knowledge in real estate law‘ is evidenced through its increasingly even split between transactional real estate mandates and urban planning. Other practice sweet spots include tourism and hospitality, real estate finance, and regulatory issues, including expropriations and urban licensing. Francisco Uribe heads the practice and is well versed across a broad array of real estate matters, including hotel-related projects, urban operations and REITs. The department also has recourse to a pool of talented younger lawyers, including director and urban planning specialist Wilben Palacios, and associates Juanita Bermúdez and Nathalia Arias.
‘The firm maintains a genuine relationship with clients to understand and respond to the needs of companies.’
‘Despite being a very large firm, client management is very personalised and the team of lawyers is of the highest professional level.’
‘It provides solid support in meetings, despite the team being small. It handles specialised programmes for practice, which is very good for the client.’
‘Director Wilben Palacios advised us. He is a professional with a lot of knowledge in this area and has a cordial and responsive approach.’
‘A team with extensive knowledge in real estate law and excellent customer service. Its extensive knowledge facilitates the negotiation and closing of transactions associated with acquisitions and financing of real estate projects.’
Arquitectura & Concreto
Two way Stadium Barranquilla
Patrimonio Autónomo Estrategias Inmobiliarias (PEI)
Smartfit Escola de Ginastica e Danca
- Represented Arquitectura y Concreto in the negotiation of its participation in a leisure real estate development in Barú, Calablanca
- Advised the landowner (Jaguar Capital), and subsequently the developer (Arquitectura y Concreto) and the investment fund (PEI) on the development and construction of the Nuestro Bogotá Shopping Center, which integrates commercial, working, and short-term stay spaces due to its proximity to El Dorado International Airport.
- Advised Terranum Desarrollo, as the developer, on the ZOL Funza real estate project to develop a logistics park in Bogotá.
CMS Rodríguez-Azuero‘s real estate team climbs a tier in 2023 due to its adept handling of both real estate transactions and development projects — the broad team also advises on contentious and regulatory matters. Characterised by its ‘ability to maintain close and trusting relationships with its clients‘, the group acts for an impressive roster of domestic and multinational funds, developers, banks, owners and lessees, including Jamestown and Promotora ACR. Managing partner and transactional specialist Juan Camilo Rodríguez co-leads the department alongside Jacques Simhon, who handles transactional, regulatory and contentious work. Experienced counsel Carolina Lozano and senior associate Laura Ospina are also noted.
Juan Camilo Rodríguez; Jacques Simhon
‘The firm’s knowledge in the real estate business is broad enough to work on all relevant issues. The strong points without a doubt are lawyers’ experience and expertise in the subject and their understanding of risk points.’
‘The firm’s lawyers become allies of the client, since they maintain consistently fluid communication through different means, with timely responses.’
‘In addition to its knowledge of the subject, the factor that most differentiates the team is its availability to attend to the client’s questions and requirements.’
‘Counsel Carolina Lozano, has significant knowledge and experience in real estate, which makes her contribution to the business absolutely relevant and essential.’
‘CMS is characterised by its ability to maintain close and trusting relationships with its clients. Lawyers are always a phone call away to support us in any matter.’
‘The availability of Jacques Simhon is the team’s differentiating factor. In addition to his technical knowledge in the real estate sector, Jacques proposes innovative solutions to complex issues.’
Caja de Compensación Familiar Colsubsidio
Colegio Mayor de Nuestra Señora del Rosario
BASF Química Colombiana
Acero Cure Martinez
DM Diseño Construcción
Fondo de Inversión Desarrollo Inmobiliario Perú Colombia
Jamestown Latin America
- Advised Promotora ACR on all legal aspects of the Makani Luxury Beach Club real estate project in Tierra Bomba, near the city of Cartagena.
- Acted for Colegio Mayor de Nuestra Señora del Rosario on the structuring of a fiduciary scheme to acquire a property declared as a property of cultural interest, located in the centre of Bogotá.
- Advised Fiduciaria Bancolombia on a comprehensive analysis of the legal and operational risks within its operation as a trustee of REITs.
UH Abogados is prized by clients for its lawyers’ ‘commercial skills', which makes ‘negotiations with counterparts flow without generating conflicts'. The Medellín-based firm advises several of the city’s largest real estate players on investment matters, project development and the management of real estate assets — it is also frequently engaged by national and multinational clients. Department co-heads, and founding partners, Carolina Uribe and Carlos Fernando Henao stand out for their ‘permanent and personalised support'. The group also includes associate Maria Adelaida Zapata, who specialises in real estate transactions. Former senior associate Carolina Saldarriaga moved in house at real estate company Londoño Gómez in May 2021.
Carolina Uribe; Carlos Fernando Henao
‘We highlight the firm’s strengths as speed and agility in handling matters and its lawyers’ availability.’
‘Partners stay very close to the client, so there is permanent and personalised support from them. This adds value to the service.’
‘Lawyers stand out for their ability to maintain good relationships with clients and their availability to attend to matters.‘
‘In general, the firm is characterised by fielding lawyers with commercial skills, who make negotiations with counterparts flow without generating conflicts.‘
Latin American Leadership Academy
Arquitectura y Concreto
- Advising the Latin American Leadership Academy on its acquisition of a building in Medellín to turn into a college campus.
- Advising La Haus on legal due diligence concerning projects in Medellín, and also in other municipalities including El Retiro, La Ceja and El Carmen De Viboral, among others.
- Acting for the companies of Grupo Cartama on their ongoing expansion plan.
New entrant to the real estate ranking for 2023, Brick Abogados attracts praise for ‘constantly looking for tools to mitigate legal impacts‘. A solid performer in transactions and development projects, the group represents key industry participants across the full scope of matters, with recent engagements for investors, developers and construction companies. The ‘very practical‘ Ana Lucía Rodríguez heads the department and brings to bear over two decades’ experience in representing Colombian and international clients on real estate investments and developments.
Ana Lucía Rodríguez
‘The firm is very proactive and is constantly looking for tools to mitigate legal impacts.’
‘We highlight lawyers’ personalised customer service. They are pro-business and that makes it easy to meet the needs of the client company.’
‘The Brick team is very competent. From its partners down to its associates, the team generates great confidence with its advice. Lawyers are agile, successful and, above all, very practical in their concepts.’
‘The firm has great skills and knowledge in the sector. Ana Lucía Rodríguez is very practical when it comes to advising us. The team provides reliability.’
Fondo de Capital Privado – INMOVAL (Credicorp)
Fondos de Inversión Inmobiliaria Rentas y Desarrollo de Sura Asset Management
Fondo de Capital Privado Oxo Propiedades Sostenibles
Abacus Real Estate
Arcos Dorados Colombia (McDonalds)
Operadora San Agustín
Promotora Grupo Treinta
- Acted for INMOVAL, a private equity real estate investment fund managed by Credicorp Capital, on the acquisition of 49% of the shares in two major shopping malls in Colombia: Parque Caracoli and Parque la Colina.
- Advised SURA Asset Management on the acquisition of 100% of the fiduciary rights over ZOL Pereira trust, owned by Terranum (one of the largest developers in the country).
- Advised Proksol on the development of the Tekto castellana building; a real estate project of 127 housing units with special co-working spaces located in Bogotá.
CMM Abogados Colombia
Real estate and urban law boutique Acosta & Gaviria Legal merged with the former Cáez Muñoz Mejía in August 2022, combining its real estate and urban law specialism with the corporate, transactional, dispute resolution and IP strengths of what is now known simply as CMM Abogados Colombia. The practice nevertheless retains its ‘focus on the client relationship‘, as borne out by its close links to real estate investment funds (both local and international), which it advises on a wide range of transactional, development and regulatory matters. Transactional specialist Natalia Gaviria Parra is recommended for her understanding of ‘when to be stronger in negotiations and when to reconcile‘; she co-heads the group alongside Patricia Acosta, who has specialist expertise in urban and zoning regulations.
Patricia Acosta; Natalia Gaviria Parra
‘The main strength of the team is its human capital. In an industry that tends to place little emphasis on women, I positively highlight that Acosta & Gaviria contributes to the consolidation of gender diversity and inclusion. We also value its ability to respond within the expected timeframe, or even quicker.’
‘The differential factor of the team is its focus on the client relationship and ability to stay close to the client. Being a boutique firm, projects are led directly by partners, who generate full trust with their constant attention and total willingness to provide solutions to reach agreements.’
‘Natalia Gaviria Parra stands out for her ability to identify situations and her understanding of when to be stronger in negotiations and when to reconcile.’
Fondo de Inversión Colectiva Visum Rentas Inmobiliarias
TC Latin America Partners (Formerly Terranum Capital)
Southern Bridge Capital Partners
Fondo de Capital Privado Armilla Capital
Sociedad Fondo Inmobiliario
Kiruna Capital Partners
- Assisted real estate fund Fondo de Inversión Colectiva Visum Rentas Inmobiliarias with designing and implementing the legal structure for the expansion of one of the largest retail chains in Latin America, Falabella.
- Advised TC Latin America Partners on designing and implementing the legal structure for a real estate project involving health assets based in Armenia, Colombia.
- Acted for TC Latin America Partners on the $13.5m sale of a clinic to a real estate investment vehicle based in Colombia.
Correa Merino Agudelo Abogados
Commended for its ‘structuring of innovative proposals', Medellin-based Correa Merino Agudelo Abogados houses a real estate practice that is active nationwide. The team is well versed across all key pillars of real estate law, with its recent work spanning a broad mix of project development, real estate transactions and litigation. Department head Juan Esteban Agudelo is recommended for his ‘reliable knowledge and extensive experience'; he advises on real estate structuring, project development and contentious matters. Senior associate María Camila Maya provides dedicated practice support.
Juan Esteban Agudelo
‘It is a team with extensive knowledge and experience. Its greatest strengths are its orientation to results and the structuring of innovative proposals that allow it to meet the needs of its clients.‘
‘Juan Esteban Agudelo is a solid lawyer, with reliable knowledge and extensive experience.‘
Caja de Compensación Familiar de Antioquia (COMFAMA)
Unión de bananeros de Uraba (UNIBAN)
Viviendas y Proyectos
Fundación Berta Martínez de Jaramillo
Agropecuaria Caña Flecha
Gases industriales de Colombia (Cryogas)
- Advised CI Uniban on the transfer of real estate assets between its subsidiaries, involving 28 properties.
- Acted for Materiales EMO on the rental agreement contract for a warehouse located in the La Cayena Free-Trade Zone in Barranquilla.
- Advised Almacenes Éxito on the expansion of the Centro Comercial Puerta del Norte, a shopping mall located in Medellín.
Dentons Cardenas & Cardenas
Dentons Cardenas & Cardenas's real estate team strikes the right note with its ‘immediate attention, knowledge and willingness to respond to requests‘. The group handles a wide range of real estate work, with real estate transactions, financing matters and hotel-related issues standing as key strong suits. Corporate and finance specialist Eduardo Cárdenas heads the team, with support from tax partner Camilo Cortés, and associates María Paula Álvarez and Andres Diaz — both of whom sit within the firm’s real estate and corporate groups.
‘Our experience with Dentons has been unique because the team exceeds all our expectations.’
‘Lawyers approach projects in a holistic manner, involving different areas of the team, and are responsible for transmitting their concepts in a timely, clear and concise way.‘
‘People are the firm’s most important differentiator, since lawyers demonstrate an attitude of service and commitment to the client.‘
‘Specifically, we have worked with María Paula Álvarez, to whom we are very grateful as she has been a true ally in achieving the strategic objectives of our company. She is always present, contributing initiatives that have been very beneficial and trying to simplify and manage issues from different perspectives.’
‘We value the effectiveness and constant monitoring of the procedures that we entrust to the firm.‘
‘We highlight its immediate attention, knowledge and willingness to respond to requests.’
‘It is a great team of professionals, with excellent dispositions and extensive knowledge. Lawyers support our legal tasks very well, from all fronts of the law.‘
‘In addition to legal knowledge, they are pro-business lawyers who, instead of putting up obstacles, try to have solutions for each situation.’
Fondo de Inversión Inmobiliaria de Davivienda Corredores
Actual Corp Colombia
Santa Barbara Investments
Cárdenas Villa & Cia
- Advised Fondo de Inversión Colectiva Inmobiliaria de Renta Davivienda Corredores on the acquisition of 18% of the fiduciary rights of the trust that owns the BOG Américas Business Center in Bogotá.
- Advised Actual Corp Colombia on the joint acquisition of different properties located in the Municipality of Itagüí, for subsequent real estate development.
- Advised Proyecto E on day-to-day matters, including real estate issues.
Garrigues' ‘diverse, committed and collaborative' group is particularly well-equipped to advise on real estate regulation, including planning and zoning matters. That being said, it also has significant transactional experience, including handling recent mandates for banks, real estate developers and funds in relation to real estate acquisitions, disposals and investments. Principal associate Melissa Castro has an emphasis on construction, planning and urban and rural land regulation, and steers a practice that also includes senior associate Carolina Pérez Forero, noted for her strength in ‘analysing new regulations for the industry’.
‘Garrigues offers extensive knowledge in urban planning and property law and has assisted us satisfactorily in various processes.’
‘The team is diverse, committed and collaborative.’
‘Carolina Pérez Forero does a very good job analysing new regulations for the industry.’
‘We recommend the firm’s good, punctual and assertive lawyers.’
Financiera de Desarrollo Nacional
Andean Tower Partners
- Advised CCLA Colombia on a joint venture agreement with Bancolombia to develop and operate purpose-built, for-rent multifamily residential buildings, involving 5,000 units across Colombia’s largest cities.
- Acted for Caja de Compensación Familia (CAFAM) on the structuring and implementation of a partial development plan for several activities with favourable urban building conditions, which will allow it to develop new projects.
- Advised Financiera de Desarrollo Nacional (FDN) on structuring the development of the extension of Bogotá’s Metro.
Lloreda Camacho & Co.
Lloreda Camacho & Co.‘s practice spans urban and rural real estate, combining robust experience in regulatory issues, project development, transactional matters and leasing agreements. The department is co-led by corporate and finance specialist Santiago Gutiérrez together with Carlos Carvajal, who was promoted to partner in December 2021 and has a focus on government contracting and infrastructure. The multidisciplinary team also draws on associates Natalia Soto and Santiago Garzón, who focus on environmental law and public law respectively.
Santiago Gutiérrez; Carlos Carvajal
Nora Helena Marulanda Echevarría
- Advised Comcel on the legal structuring, negotiation and execution of contracts that would allow the commercialisation and construction of a housing development located in one of the fastest-growing sectors in Bogotá.
- Advised Levapan on the drafting and negotiation of a collaboration agreement in order to set the terms and conditions to rectify the area and limits of its main property in Bogotá.
- Advised Codensa on legal due diligence regarding titles of properties to be leased for a parking workshop.