Mr Robert Loper > Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP Offices
919 THIRD AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10022
- Go to...
Mr Robert Loper
Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity, Securities & Capital Markets
Robert Loper concentrates his practice in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, strategic investments, joint ventures, and general corporate and securities matters. His significant transactions include the acquisition of Safeway Inc. by Albertsons Companies, an affiliate of Cerberus Capital Management LP. He also advised Albertsons Companies in its acquisition from SUPERVALU of supermarkets operating under the Albertsons, Acme, Jewel, Star Markets and Shaw’s banners, as well as its purchase of United Supermarkets. Other significant transactions include Cerberus’ purchase of a controlling interest in the Chrysler automotive and auto finance businesses from Daimler AG. He has also represented U.S. investors in a large number of cross-border acquisitions of distressed assets, particularly in Europe.
Bob graduated magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa from Davidson College in 1985, and then went on to obtain his J.D., with honors, from University of Texas School of Law, where he was associate editor of the Texas Law Review, in 1988. He is a member of the American Bar Association, New York City Bar Association and the State Bar of Georgia.
American Bar Association; New York City Bar Association; State Bar of Georgia.
University of Texas School of Law, JD, with honors; Davidson College, AB, magna cum laude.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Investment funds > Alternative/hedge funds
- Finance > Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market ($500m-999m)
- Finance > Structured finance: securitization
- Investment funds > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Labor and employment > ERISA litigation
- Finance > Financial services regulation
- Dispute resolution > M&A litigation: defense
- Real estate > Real estate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Shareholder activism